Walmart fuel = mileage plummets

RedRice589

Reaction score
Must be those damn floridians...... Lol yea I think it is the fuel but there are hills in north Florida and flats down south... Plus humidity does play a factor I'll get 18-20 all morning then the next day same run I'll be lucky to get 16.

Trav-O

Reaction score
Walmart doesn't carry there own special fuel. We delivery to them occasionally here. Its just unbranded fuel.

wyomingtrucker

Reaction score
Yep Wal mart fuel island is actually ran by Murphy's. Wal mart tells murphy what price they will buy fuel for they sign a contract and Murphy goes to getting the cheapest they can find. I used to be in the business selling fuel and buying fuel and delivery of it. Wally World don't do nothin that ain't gonna line their pockets

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I've been wondering about the Wal-Mart fuel. Filled up for $3.58 a gallon a few days ago. Going to see what kind of milage I get on a full tank of it, compared to the truck stop fuel.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Spatel23

Reaction score
Must be those damn floridians...... Lol yea I think it is the fuel but there are hills in north Florida and flats down south... Plus humidity does play a factor I'll get 18-20 all morning then the next day same run I'll be lucky to get 16.

18-20 what ?

mpg in your 6.7 ?

how in the *** LOL

Txwindmiller

Reaction score
I run ford octane additive and Lucas tune up (2) small bottles in every tank. I get 2 mpg more. Seems to make a big difference on performance too.keeps injectors clean, runs quieter And we have the fastest highway in America here in Austin. 85 mph speed limit. I get 12 pulling trailer at 80. 14 not pulling trailer at 80.
410 rear end dually.

Txwindmiller

Reaction score
Oh I forgot.
It WILL run over 100mph uphill pulling a trailer passing a semi.
Been there. Done that... Computer drops to 10mpg.
Great for cleaning out the turbo.

BK39

Reaction score
I try and fill up at Shell because of that reason. But it doesn't matter what fuel I run, with my driving habits, both of my 6.7s only average 14-16mpg 80% of the time. Occasionally, I'll have a trip to Houston or something and it'll show 16-18 on the dash reading.

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I try and fill up at Shell because of that reason. But it doesn't matter what fuel I run, with my driving habits, both of my 6.7s only average 14-16mpg 80% of the time. Occasionally, I'll have a trip to Houston or something and it'll show 16-18 on the dash reading.

So far, I've gotten the same thing driving between Converse and my ranch out by Rocksprings. Both with the Murphy and Shell fuel. No additives.

dasboot

Reaction score
According to my Mileage checker app. I been getting
avg 15.46 MPG

worst 14.55
best 16.74

I seem to do better when I add a big gulp of Power Services Clear Diesel or Marvel Mystery oil to my fuel.;

Latest posts

Members online