Wandering what to do with my truck

Juranek

Reaction score
Hey everyone I was wandering if anyone could help me out with my 2002 ford f250 I really don't know very much about trucks but wanted to add more power to mine and was wandering if anyone could give me some guidance. So far I have a 140 hp chip, 5" straight pipe, AFE stage 2 cold air intake, a banks big head, and some gauges but was wandering what would be the next step

Arisley

Reaction score
What brand is the chip?

From where you are, it goes to hard parts. Injectors, turbos, fuel system etc....

All of these things start with either a big empty credit card or a good size checking account.

The reason I asked about the chip, is that also with each of these changes that you make, you need custom tuning on the chip.

Juranek

Reaction score
I have a tony wildman chip and I was thinking about looking into that gen 2 wicked wheel for my turbo and what do I need for my fuel system?

bruce

Reaction score
Well you got pmr so somethin simple like stage 1 and a 38r. Regulated return is nice to have for any truck stock to built to hell. Tranny mods like bts valve body and 6.0 cooler

Juranek

Reaction score
Stage one what and what is 38r. Sorry I don't know very much about upgrades

Arisley

Reaction score
Good write up.

We are here to help. I am driving an early 99 with over 325,000 on the clock. It has been at or near 500HP for over two years now. I would think nothing of hooking up to a heavy trailer and towing it from Dallas, TX to California.

You can build a reliable truck that will still embarass most vehicles on the road out there. However, if you take it to a track, you will get some respect, but you will see a lot of tail lights.

These are really fun trucks to build and drive, but they do take some money to get there.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
stage one injectors, the wicked wheel for your stock turbo, a 1.0 turbine housing while it's out. Trans cooler and valve body, fuel system.

Juranek

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying an airdog fuel air separation system is that a good brand or does anyone recommend anything else?

psduser1

Reaction score
If your going into injectors and a turbo, do yourself a favor, and start calling vendors ( sponsors) that are listed here. Figure out what kind of power you want, and listen to the guys that have done it! There's a lot of knowledge on here, and not everybody is out to get rich of you here. Sure, theyll sell you parts, but most of them will give you the straight scoop.
Biggest thing is, know how much power you want, how you're going to use it, and have deep pockets!
Reliable HP isn't cheap.:toast:

Latest posts

Members online