Want custom headlights. Suggestions?

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Hey guys looking at getting some projectors and hids in my truck. Any diy projects completed out there? Where did u get the stuff? Got a quote from plainansimple and damn I just can't pay that much for some good lights. Suggestions?

jcain

Reaction score
I have EVOX-R projectors, 55watt ballasts, osram cbi bulbs and (4) Apollo 2.0 shrouds. My upper shroud is a dummy with an amplification lense that houses the factory turn signal.

jcain

Reaction score
rps20150621_222818_313.jpg

rps20150621_222901_110.jpg

rps20150621_223001_815.jpg

Rule12b

Reaction score
I went with the Retroshop. Couldn't be happier. Don't think I'd have attempted it myself I admit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 246

jwalk09

Reaction score
Get in touch with Jeremy at retroshop. He can make you a set or will get you hooked up with everything to diy. Great guy. Uses the retrofit source as his supplier

verifine

Reaction score
Dont be afraid to retro a set yourself, I am not the most mechanically inclined person but have done two retros now. Get an extra set of lights and take your time, double check everything and be careful with the dremel.

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Well I got in touch with someone at the retroshop and I'm now very ready to pull the trigger on a projector kit. But my only fear is the mounting of the projectors. Any guides or somebody with tips?

jwalk09

Reaction score
Pretty simple. Just have to dremel the socket and threads some in the reflector bowl. Are you getting D2S or H1 projectors? I just got done baking mine open and removing all the sealant, which is the hardest part by far.

verifine

Reaction score
Well I got in touch with someone at the retroshop and I'm now very ready to pull the trigger on a projector kit. But my only fear is the mounting of the projectors. Any guides or somebody with tips?

Check out the retrofit source's youtube page. They show how to use JB Weld Steel stik to mount projectors that dont have the threaded body like the mini dn2 and mini mh1. MY first retro used the 3" FXR projectors and I used the steelstik to hold the projector in place as well as stainless hardware bolting it down. 2 years now and they havent budged

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Do u have pics man. And if they are in ur gallery how do u look at them because I can't figure out how to look at people's galleries lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

verifine

Reaction score
Not that hard to install, if I were too do it again I would dremel a bigger hole in the bucket to make setting the projector easier. The hole wasnt quite big enough for the projector to sit far back in the bucket. So I ended up using a tube of steel stik on each headlight to hold them in place. Then I used stainless #10 bolts and lock washers to bolt them down to make sure nothing moved. I then put a thin coat of epoxy on the back of the bucket where the projector comes through it. 2 years and hasnt moved at all

Clean-15

Reaction score
Not that hard to install, if I were too do it again I would dremel a bigger hole in the bucket to make setting the projector easier. The hole wasnt quite big enough for the projector to sit far back in the bucket. So I ended up using a tube of steel stik on each headlight to hold them in place. Then I used stainless #10 bolts and lock washers to bolt them down to make sure nothing moved. I then put a thin coat of epoxy on the back of the bucket where the projector comes through it. 2 years and hasnt moved at all

That sounds really difficult to aim.

2015 CCSB Lariat
Carli Pintop Leveling kit w/ full springs, 37in Yokohama Geolander AT/S's on 18x9 Fuel Trophy's, AMP boards and bedstep, 3M chip on front end and rockers.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

verifine

Reaction score
Not really, the hole was just big enough for the projector to sit in. Mix up the steel stik and apply it to the projector. Fire up the projector and aim it at the wall and the steel stikk will dry in about 10-15 minutes. I just used bolts as well for piece of mind

Latest posts

Members online