Wanting more power in the future! What to do?

kmotsko

Reaction score
First time poster here...I enjoy reading the threads of everyone experience and knowledge! I have a 2013 6.7 platinum with a Carli PinTop 2.5" lift rolling on 35x12.5x20's in the winter and 22x11 in the summer. Smaller (20x9) wheels and AT's for winter time beings I live in ALASKA! Truck is ******d with a mini maxx, FLO PRO, and AFE intake. I'm wanting a little more power in the future...I'm wanting to be able to beat the "everyday" ******d and tuned cummins/duramax. This is my daily driver...I do little towing and when I do it's nothing heavy. I see ATS just came out with a reasonably priced turbo upgrade, H&S I see has a nice kit but looks to be pretty spendy...also I'm seeing a lot of people doing these 15' retro turbo kits. What's everyone opinion on the way I should go...appreciate the opinions and knowledge everyone has for me. Thanks

jcain

Reaction score
Hard to beat a 2015 swap for the money. But having done a 2015 swap and then moving onto the h&s kit, I shouldn't have wasted the time and money (resale) and just done the h&s to begin with.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hard to beat a 2015 swap for the money. But having done a 2015 swap and then moving onto the h&s kit, I shouldn't have wasted the time and money (resale) and just done the h&s to begin with.

what he said , with dual pumps. done deal, 650 horse, most trucks around wont be able to touch you .

kmotsko

Reaction score
How about tranny then with the H&S set up? I'm not one of those guys driving around trying to race everyone blowing smoke...but when someone does it to me I don't want to have a problem pushing the loud pedal :) What's an average cost on the H&S set up?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
How about tranny then with the H&S set up? I'm not one of those guys driving around trying to race everyone blowing smoke...but when someone does it to me I don't want to have a problem pushing the loud pedal :) What's an average cost on the H&S set up?

it should be fine. mine was totally fine at 625 for over a year and a tremendous amount of beating. obviously no guarantees, but it will live longer the better you treat it .

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Why do you say this? What's so much better about H&S's stuff as opposed to Morgan's kit?

Well an h&s kit makes more power than just a 2015 turbo.

But after driving with the 66mm barder for a couple weeks now you couldn't pay me to go back to a non vgt.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well an h&s kit makes more power than just a 2015 turbo.

But after driving with the 66mm barder for a couple weeks now you couldn't pay me to go back to a non vgt.

Have you driven a 6.7 with a non vgt ? They drive incredibly well.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I'm referring to the streetmaxR turbo, morgan's complete kit and a stroker pump and a BD exhaust brake. My personal preference right now. What's H&S got over a kit like that?

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Budget is the key here. I have a streetmax and thought that's all I ever would need but as get deeper into power if I run into money I will go duel fuel and a midsize non vgt. The streetmaxR and a stroked pump will be nice to but tunning will play the big roll in all this though.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Budget is the key here. I have a streetmax and thought that's all I ever would need but as get deeper into power if I run into money I will go duel fuel and a midsize non vgt. The streetmaxR and a stroked pump will be nice to but tunning will play the big roll in all this though.

and good luck getting a stroked pump .

packin45

Reaction score
I'm referring to the streetmaxR turbo, morgan's complete kit and a stroker pump and a BD exhaust brake. My personal preference right now. What's H&S got over a kit like that?

Don't 2015 turbos work as an exhaust brake?

Sent from my iPhone

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Don't 2015 turbos work as an exhaust brake?

Sent from my iPhone
According to Morgan, yes and no. on the 11-14 You can write a tune with exhaust brake enabled, but it's on all the time, or a tune with it off. W/ the $600 BD it's all controlled electronically.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online