warped rotors

PSDnate

Reaction score
When your brake rotors are warped they pulsate. You usually feel that in the brake pedal. Can you feel this in the steering wheel? When I hit the brakes my steering moves back and forth. I don't feel anything in the pedal though. Is the problem warped rotors? I have an 04 with 6" lift and power slot cyroed rotors and hawk pads.

SBMCCUNE

Reaction score
I kinda had the same thing happen to me. I found the problem was part of my suspention system. Tie rod ends and what not. I thought it was my brakes too.

BigRed97

Reaction score
yes, warped front rotor will make the steering wheel shake

warped rear rotors will make the rear of the truck shake(you'll feel it in the seat)

Barnabas

Reaction score
I just had the rotors turned and new pads put on. Im just gonna deal with it for a little while until I get together the cash to just replace everything.

PSDnate

Reaction score
I want to get it fixed soon cuz it doesn't seem real safe. Especially pulling a trailer and at high speeds. I'll have to stop in at my local shop and see what they say.

Isaac3384

Reaction score
I have issues with warped rotors too... Bone stock 04 KR...I also had issues with my 99 eclb with a 4" lift and 35s...seems like this is a pretty common problem. Would going with a slotted/drilled rotor help this issue any? I rarely tow anything...hell, I rarely drive it...lol

SBMCCUNE

Reaction score
I ended up doin the inner and outer links. I also did the bushings on the sway bar link, they were worn out as well. I have slotts too and I seriously thought they were warped. Since you have a lift your setup might be a lot different than stock but thats what I did in my situation. Just a thought to climb under and start shakin crap around.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.