waste gate or not

1tonpower

Reaction score
I'm going to be doing studs soon and I'm on the fence about adding a waste gate since it'll be apart. I'm running innovative tunes, egr is deleted already. The truck is used more for work then play. Often pulling heavy. Any mod or upgrades are based off reliabilaty/driveabilaty, adding power is a welcome side affect.

Is it worth my wild to add the waste gate? And whose kit is better for my application.

Reaction score
There really isn't a negative side effect to running one. It will keep drive pressure issues in check all of the time which will make everything from gaskets to turbos last longer and perform better.

We offer a simple kit that installs quickly and is easy to set. It bolt directly to the factory manifold and doesn't require any fabrication.

H&S Motorsports 6.4 Wastegate Kit

Attachments

• 6.4 Wastegate.jpg
    6.4 Wastegate.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 76

Rubenk

Reaction score
Where does your wastegate kit attach to? I've looked around on the website a bit...

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
It attaches to the crossover pipe down by the drivers side manifold that fed the lower EGR cooler. Look on the HSM site at the product and scroll down to the bottom and download the instructions for a clearer idea.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
That makes more sense, thanks! I'm deleted and don't have that pipe anymore.

No worries, if the pipe has been removed you can still use the HSM kit, the flange is the same where that pipe bolted to behind the turbos. However you will have to fabricate your own dump pipe to go from the wastegate to under the truck since the one with the kit will be too short.

djr4x4

Reaction score
I must be blind cause I cannot find any instructions on the HSM site.. :cursing:

Thx for the picture.. Gotcha now..

Last edited:

Rubenk

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I couldnt find the instructions either, I looked before posting!

The pics cleared it up, and are exactly what I thought. The H&S kit is meant to attach to the end of the EGR catalyst pipe, which most people remove eventually, usually after it breaks and starts leaking.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.