Waste gated 6.4

stroker 6.4

Reaction score
So I'm putting a single on my truck this winter probably going to use mpd single mount but can't decide if I want to waste gate it or not, I would like to but I have heard of people having problems with them and not being able to get them set right.what are your guys experience with them and thought?

stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Any problems with it? And Setting it is what I'm really wondering about I would like to have one for when I spray nitrous but I havent been around one or had any experience with one have any of you guys set your own gate?

ncollins64

Reaction score
I actually didn't set mine. Swamps set up the gauges and drove it and dialed the waste gate before I got it back. So far though I haven't had any issues. Was told by others that I should run a water cooled tial to help with the heat.

sootie

Reaction score
i have a 46mm precision. it takes some time to dial it in but it is good insurance. big drive pressure numbers can be hard on the valve train as well as overspeed the turbo.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
depends what you're doing, what are your plans for the truck and what are you planning on for fuel?

stroker 6.4

Reaction score
It's going to be a hot street/drag truck, mpd single mount, mpd 100% nozzles,elite dual fuelers, gtx45 and probably a little spray now and then!

jdgleason

Reaction score
You'll want a gate if you're gonna spray it.

The tial gates seem to be a touch more robust than the precisions, specifically the diaphragm.

stroker 6.4

Reaction score
So if i dont spray it much would you guys not mess with it or would you still go with a gate? And Mpd has a jgs 40mm and 50mm

smokinstroker

Reaction score
gate it.
if your running mpds mounts, why not just get a gate setup from them?
im sure you can run a different gate (tial, precision, jgs) just need to let them know ahead of time i would assume.

this will ensure the proper fitment and sealing.

stroker 6.4

Reaction score
That's my plan get the t-4 mount with up pipes with the gate in it. I was just worried about setting it up wanted some other opinions from some guys that had them!

smokinstroker

Reaction score
That's my plan get the t-4 mount with up pipes with the gate in it. I was just worried about setting it up wanted some other opinions from some guys that had them!

Setting the gate isn't a horrible job, it can be done on your own with small tweaks and some data logging. just takes some time.

stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Just heard story's of guys not being able to get them set didn't want a headache lol any one know anybody in the kc mo area that messes with them?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Like Chris said - wastegates are pretty standard as far as mounting them - you should be able to run whatever you want for a gate.

Adjusting the gate isn't a big deal, and probably a good thing for you to learn how to do on your own set up. A dyno and a helping hand will be worth their weight in gold.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Like Chris said - wastegates are pretty standard as far as mounting them - you should be able to run whatever you want for a gate.

Adjusting the gate isn't a big deal, and probably a good thing for you to learn how to do on your own set up. A dyno and a helping hand will be worth their weight in gold.

This^ having someone else there to jump in and out of the truck, and watch the gauges really helps.
Street tuning a gate becomes a straight pain.

stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Thanks guys that makes me feel better and I have a Dyno I can use so ill give it a shot thanks!!

Latest posts

Members online