Wastegate Installation

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
Hey guys my buddy has a 6.4l at the shop that he just did Arp Studs, new oem gaskets,bigger downpipe,cac tube and will also be installing a tial wastegate kit that we bought from Mdp..The cab is still up and he would like to see a pic of how you guys have done it to make sure he is doing it right any help will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance:toast:

Last edited:

Spatel23

Reaction score
heres one

Attachments

• gate.jpg
    gate.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 287

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
^^^^^Thanks,Btw truck has stock turbos,Also the wg unit we have the top is blue does that change anything?

Last edited:

BFT

Reaction score
I don't know if it has changed, but it should look similar to this
IMG_0258.jpg

And should be plumbed like this
wstgate.jpg

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics guys,big help:toast:

I was told to put springs equivalent to 20psi and to adjust the regulator to 48psi. Do you guys have a pic of the regulator i think my kit may be missing it..:shrug:

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
Finally, Got the wastegate mounted and took off the egr coolers..Do you guys have a pic how the water and air hoses should be connected?

Btw, The wastegate I have is blue.
Thanks!

Last edited:

BOSS450

Reaction score
This is How I did my water... You can see the blue hose to the top egr water blockoff plate And Then just the fitting on the bottom.

disclaimer. my first time doing this And was told When I ask a reputable source that yes It should work.

Attachments

• 2012-03-23 16.48.36.jpg
    2012-03-23 16.48.36.jpg
    841.4 KB · Views: 152

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
This is How I did my water... You can see the blue hose to the top egr water blockoff plate And Then just the fitting on the bottom.

disclaimer. my first time doing this And was told When I ask a reputable source that yes It should work.

Looks like I'm missing some fittings:fustrate: This hasn't been an easy task,I had to weld the bung onto the downpipe and the ebp to the uppipe..

BOSS450

Reaction score
Haha no you're not. well technically You are mine only came With enough to run the pressure side. had to buy the other parts from the kenworth store across the street. preferably brass so It doesn't leak or rust. the two on the wastegate are tabled h2o. And are metric I think. had to tap my fitting to fit. just an fyi

same disclaimer as previous post Haha

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
Haha no you're not. well technically You are mine only came With enough to run the pressure side. had to buy the other parts from the kenworth store across the street. preferably brass so It doesn't leak or rust. the two on the wastegate are tabled h2o. And are metric I think. had to tap my fitting to fit. just an fyi

same disclaimer as previous post Haha

Exactly, I only have enough for the pressure side.

Latest posts

Members online