Wastegate plumbing pictures

OSCS

Reaction score
Think my set up on my s366 and turbo smart gate is not how it should be. Anyone have pics of when they plumbed there's up?

OSCS

Reaction score
DI plumbed mine up using the bottom section only.. Thanks I knew something was not right.

Blowby

Reaction score
Many ways to plumb it.

• Manifold pressure on bottom with high spring pressure to control opening.
  • Manifold pressure on top with low spring pressure allowing back pressure to open.
  • Manifold pressure on bottom and top with specific spring pressure to control opening.
  • Manifold pressure on bottom and regulated on top with specific spring pressure to control opening.

It's up to the builder or tuner on how they set it up since they will be determining the proper boost for your truck.

OSCS

Reaction score
Well I was having trouble hitting 25psi with the way it was setup and no matter how much I adjusted the knob it wasn't making a difference. Anyone know the proper boost the 366 should be making? David is unfamiliar with this turbo and I'd like to give him as much info as I can

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I would call him up and get all the specs for it from him. Jake should know what it should be doing with the 250/100's you're running.

OSCS

Reaction score
After bypassing the gate I was able to hit 30psi in the dd tune. I'm waiting for my ptm PCM to come in so david can get some better tunes on it. I'm yet to push it in race or extreme tune.

I'm an e99 btw

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
10psi spring inside canister
unregulated manifold to bottom
regulated boost post-map regulator to top of canister

This setup works great for me, no sudden spikes in drive/boost and the drive is always a few pounds more to keep the turbo driven hard. 40psi on WOT once it hits overdrive

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Many ways to plumb it.

• Manifold pressure on bottom with high spring pressure to control opening.
  • Manifold pressure on top with low spring pressure allowing back pressure to open.
  • Manifold pressure on bottom and top with specific spring pressure to control opening.
  • Manifold pressure on bottom and regulated on top with specific spring pressure to control opening.

It's up to the builder or tuner on how they set it up since they will be determining the proper boost for your truck.
Are there any advantages/disadvantages to one setup over the other?

Blowby

Reaction score
Are there any advantages/disadvantages to one setup over the other?

Yes, depends on what you are trying to control boost or back pressure. Spring weight to max pressure desired, single or compound. Tell me what you are looking to achieve.

Blowby

Reaction score
NLR-Boost-Control_lrg.jpg

I'm working on designing the flip up panel to mount onto my nitrous box. It will be swinging down and the front bezel when driving and adjusting. I then flip it up to access my timers for the nitrous.

IMG_8344.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online