Water & Algae in fuel... SMH

NY_Mott

Reaction score
That would take forever to fill lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The F15 which is the largest model flows upto 15gpm.
That's really not that bad at all for piece of mind.
I'd just extend the end of the funnel so it's easier to get in the fill neck and it would be perfect.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Power Hungry

Reaction score
The F15 which is the largest model flows upto 15gpm.
That's really not that bad at all for piece of mind.
I'd just extend the end of the funnel so it's easier to get in the fill neck and it would be perfect.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, that would be super for those questionable stations. Even just a couple gallons to make sure the fuel is okay. Would have saved me a ton of heartache. Gotta pick one up for sure.

Thanks for that recommendation. :D

mandkole

Reaction score
Bill, have you checked with your insurance agent on filing a comp claim?? Comp, by its definition covers all kinds of damage-- vandalism, road damage, etc. You don't have control over the stuff that comes from the pump. Id let your insurance co go after the fuel station to subrogate the claim.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
A couple years back, I had 4 or 5 trucks come in to the dealer I work for, all diesels, no starts. They all had bad fuel (it was almost straight water) and they all purchased fuel at the same station. Had to do a complete fuel system in a 6.7, some injectors in some 6.0's. Happened in the coldest part of the winter, I happened to be heading out east to go snowmobiling with some friends, all of us mechanics. Mentioned the bad fuel to one of my friends, asked where the fuel came from, same station. His shop is an hour away from mine, so it goes to show this station is popular, big name up here "Esso".
Anyway, the station's insurance company paid for all of the repairs to my customers and my friends customers trucks. Just had to send the bills in, got them paid a couple months later.

superpsd

Reaction score
I try to stick with the same station locally. On a trip I try to fill up at the legit looking establishments but there are those times when you need fuel and the only thing around is some sketchy grimey pump station.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I never really think about it much, probably should more. Hope it all works out for you.
dude, algae cant live in the winters of the god awful state you live in.. lol

op, that flat out sucks large donkey balls.. and the ex is way sharp.

live life full throttle

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
I always cringe when filling up at an unknown station. Like Forrest Gump, fuel stations are like a box of chocolates, ya never know what you're going to get!
Have the same problems with snowmobiles and the ethanol blended fuels. Fuel sits around, separates, end up with a tank of water. Seize up a 2 stroke snowmobile in seconds.

bluedge8

Reaction score
I always cringe when filling up at an unknown station. Like Forrest Gump, fuel stations are like a box of chocolates, ya never know what you're going to get!
Have the same problems with snowmobiles and the ethanol blended fuels. Fuel sits around, separates, end up with a tank of water. Seize up a 2 stroke snowmobile in seconds.

Ok, with the sleds I do get nervous but most of the time if your not buying your walking.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Ok, with the sleds I do get nervous but most of the time if your not buying your walking.

Oh yea, when I'm on a sled or driving anything really, I stick to the old rule of "Better looking at it than looking for it". I just try to buy from stations that are newer, go through higher volumes of fuel if I can help it. Right now, I buy fuel from the Shell in my town because the station is only 2 years old. When I'm travelling, you hope for the best!

Reaction score
We used to own a full service station. There is ALWAYS some water in the tanks you can't keep all out. Best way to avoid is to never buy fuel when fuel truck is unloading. It circulates the water and it takes a bit for it to settle back to bottom. The pickups for the tanks are 6-8 inches off the bottom and the water settles back down pretty quick

V-Ref

Reaction score
We used to own a full service station. There is ALWAYS some water in the tanks you can't keep all out. Best way to avoid is to never buy fuel when fuel truck is unloading. It circulates the water and it takes a bit for it to settle back to bottom. The pickups for the tanks are 6-8 inches off the bottom and the water settles back down pretty quick
Fuel/water settling spec is approx 1 to 3 hours per vertical foot of the fuel cell dimension on the aviation applications I'm familiar with.

How deep were those tanks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online