Water injection.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Well I'm looking to get a water injection kit. I think I'm going to go with a cooling mist kit. My main question is a more expensive kit with a progressive controller worth it over just getting there basic kit with a boost switch? I'm only looking to cool with this so I'm not sure it's worth the extra money.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Check out swamps kit on their site. It has so many expensive parts in the kit I don't know how they make any money off it

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I run the basic coolingmist kit, and if all you are wanting is to keep the EGTs down it will do fine... Just make sure you get a 7 gallon tank if you are going to be using it to tow with because without the progressive controller my kit goes thru the water pretty quick!

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
I run the basic coolingmist kit, and if all you are wanting is to keep the EGTs down it will do fine... Just make sure you get a 7 gallon tank if you are going to be using it to tow with because without the progressive controller my kit goes thru the water pretty quick!

The basic kit as in the cooling mist stage 1?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
apparantly they have changed their kits, since i have purchased mine. mine will inject based on boost, or egt, or boost/egt.

it seems they have done away with the egt, and went with a autolearn feature.

the progressive controller, imo, is well worth the money. imo so isnt the second stage, but when i buy something, i buy more than i need, so if i need it in the future regardless if i need it now, its there, and i dont have to buy another something again.

like lowdown has, its a on/off switch. a fixed rate of water. so if he could use a little more, or a little less, at that particular moment, it dont matter, he's still getting the same amount.

mine will vary from about 150cc's per min, to about 650cc's per min, give or take a few, and this is customizeable, based on the nozzles i put in it, from a min of 50 up to i think i have a max of about 1000 or 1100 if i want that much.

every situation, i have the right amount of water i want the motor to have, based on how i have the controller set up.

if your just getting hot in the upper rpm's, or when you tow heavy rarely, then a single stage kit will work fine. set to come on right as the heat gets there, and keep it cool, and not the rest of the time.

i wanted alot more control of what i have.

Last edited:

Lowdown89

Reaction score
apparantly they have changed their kits, since i have purchased mine. mine will inject based on boost, or egt, or boost/egt.

it seems they have done away with the egt, and went with a autolearn feature.

the progressive controller, imo, is well worth the money. imo so isnt the second stage, but when i buy something, i buy more than i need, so if i need it in the future regardless if i need it now, its there, and i dont have to buy another something again.

like lowdown has, its a on/off switch. a fixed rate of water. so if he could use a little more, or a little less, at that particular moment, it dont matter, he's still getting the same amount.

mine will vary from about 150cc's per min, to about 650cc's per min, give or take a few, and this is customizeable, based on the nozzles i put in it, from a min of 50 up to i think i have a max of about 1000 or 1100 if i want that muc

every situation, i have the right amount of water i want the motor to have, based on how i have the controller set up.

if your just getting hot in the upper rpm's, or when you tow heavy rarely, then a single stage kit will work fine. set to come on right as the heat gets there, and keep it cool, and not the rest of the time.

i wanted alot more control of what i have.

Yeah at the time all I could afford was the stage 1 kit and the reason I went with cooling mist is because its easily upgradeable to the progressive kit which I will be doing soon pretty much for the reasons tree trimmer mentioned

Trapper

Reaction score
Ya but I just use this as a reference. I have half the parts laying around. Use it as edumacation tool. It's not perfect.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Ya but I just use this as a reference. I have half the parts laying around. Use it as edumacation tool. It's not perfect.

no doubt just saying a basic kit seems to be much difference. But thats also high 200's compared to 400-600 bucks for the big boy kits lol so i can see where the diy makes a difference in price

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
to diy your big boy kit, you would have to make 2, yes, 2, home made kits, to get both stages, and then you still dont have progressive injection, simply 2 stages of fixed rate.

the only thing you would not need two of, is the tank, cuz both kits could pull out of the same tank.

using the cooling mist pump, would let you run the second stage hobb switch, straight to the solenoid, as you would not need two pumps for that pump.

on a side note, you also want the absolute highest injection pressure you can get. the more, the better.

60 psi, on that one pump, is not high enough, the mist would be to coarse.

Latest posts

Members online