Water/meth kit questions

golfer

Reaction score
Good posts Charlie. Just a random thought, do you think that it would be best of the water injection system self drained the lines at shut down or however they were evacuated to keep liquid out of the motor when not running?

I think Dzacc was our local guy that ended up with a motor full of water from his system back when.

we had that happen as well years ago on a Snow kit with a local guy...they (Snow) had the solenoid valves as an option, LOL...

definitely use normally closed solenoid valves (on any line prior to a nozzle)..so that hot sun + water tank doesn't equal .5-1psi of positive tank pressure doesn't push water into the engine while sitting.

The kit we put together with CoolingMist has 2 solenoid valves.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Ok im just going to be running the stage 1 kit for now that only has 1 nozzle so where is the best place to put it that will still be ok for when I do upgrade to 2 stages in the future, from what I have seen most people mount it in the cold side intercooler piping I just want to try and make it where It will be in a spot that will work with another nozzle in the future so I don't have to move it

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
charles, so that cutting oil you use, your using, what, a capful (ish) in your tank? i gotta black 7 gal tank, so looking in it to see if the waters white would be challenging.

Charles

Reaction score
charles, so that cutting oil you use, your using, what, a capful (ish) in your tank? i gotta black 7 gal tank, so looking in it to see if the waters white would be challenging.

Probably the same tank I have. You can see the water with perfect clarity looking through the opening with that big ass cap off the top of mine.

As for a quantity.... not much, lol. A cap or two is probably a reasonable guess. Although if you want to get technical, there are listed mixing ratios on the bottle for sufficient lubrication for its intended use. Those ratios might not be a bad start.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Probably the same tank I have. You can see the water with perfect clarity looking through the opening with that big ass cap off the top of mine.

As for a quantity.... not much, lol. A cap or two is probably a reasonable guess. Although if you want to get technical, there are listed mixing ratios on the bottle for sufficient lubrication for its intended use. Those ratios might not be a bad start.

I've never noticed an issue, but at those ammounts and the ammount of water I use I think I will start doing this as well.

thuglike

Reaction score

Just added some to my 16 gal tank today!! Glad you brought this back up.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Ok, I'm Thinking about installing my kit this weekend where are you guys mounting your pump? Since as of right now I only have a 1 gallon tank I was thinkg of mounting it in the tool box but I know once I get a 7 gallon tank it won't fit in the tool box so I was hoping to mount the pump in a place that once I upgrade I won't have to move it... I came across a big piece of aluminum diamond plate someone was tossing out that used to be a tailgate protector I was thinking of making some kinda bracket out of it that the pump would mount to that would cover the pump from most of the elements just trying to see what others are doing

Charles

Reaction score
I have always mounted my pumps on the passenger's side framerail. Keeps the pump low for self priming and has always stayed out of the way.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I have always mounted my pumps on the passenger's side framerail. Keeps the pump low for self priming and has always stayed out of the way.

sounds good i was just trying to make sure it would be safe from the elements, that will be perfect though so i can upgrade the tank with no worries about where the pump is located... thanks a bunch!!!

cw96stroker

Reaction score
So did you get this installed? If so what do you think of it, everyone seems to have good opinions, I am thinking about getting a stage II.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
So did you get this installed? If so what do you think of it, everyone seems to have good opinions, I am thinking about getting a stage II.

No, it's still in the box the few days I had free to work on it, it was like 98 degrees out hoping for a cooler day to get it put on... I have asthma so with the heat and humidity I'm pretty much stuck inside and it sucks!

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Lol I understand to the T. I also have bad astma, and humidity and heat is a killer, and I hate the fact that I can NOT tolerate the tiniest bit of dust without it just about killing me, which really sucks because we are in heavy equipment/ construction business, (i love ac).

Ok well ill be checking back in to see what you think, but from what I have heard I am not afraid to buy one, just need the money.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Lol I understand to the T. I also have bad astma, and humidity and heat is a killer, and I hate the fact that I can NOT tolerate the tiniest bit of dust without it just about killing me, which really sucks because we are in heavy equipment/ construction business, (i love ac).

Ok well ill be checking back in to see what you think, but from what I have heard I am not afraid to buy one, just need the money.

If you check their FB page right now they are having a sale where any kit you buy they will give you the tank for 1/2 off... Said it may end at any time which I'm sure is just trying to get people to hurry up and buy it but it would be a great deal for a 7 gallon tank.. I just bought the 1 gallon and hope to get the big on soon

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
I stuffed my pump sideways next to the battery in the battery/intake box.... not professional at all but it works fine... it was one of those things that was supposed to be temporary and i never got back too it... maybe when i get home in the next couple weeks

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
i was just reading back through the posts i missed and didn't see where anybody addressed the issue of tuning.... not a tuner myself but i'm pretty sure the timing gets changed to accomodate the additional fuel... not sure at what mix ratio it's required or recommended though

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
if your getting it for "additional fuel" spend your money somewhere else.

if your getting it for water, maybe a little meth to keep from freezing, have fun.

and you need to talk to your tuner to decide what to do about tuning, as all tuners are different. one tuners tunes maybe do not need tweaks for meth, some might wanna change something.