Water/Meth setup's!!

Southmike

Reaction score
night and day..
one is maybe a 150 psi the other is a 250 or a pair of 250's

cm also has a few controllers....while i like the guage setup, the blue box looks like the the most flexable, adaptable...not the simplest.
you can set it for boost, temp...a combo ie i want a stage to come on at 1200 but only if the psi is xx lbs , and at 1600 i want 100% etc..

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I'll bet snow's doesn't see 250 psi on it's best day.

I know for fact it does not... Or at least it did not, they may be using the same supplier as Cooling Mist now but back in the day when I was testing for CM there pump was putting out 200-250psi with 2 large nozzles. Snows "250psi" pump (really a shimmed 150psi pump) would not hold 100 psi with two nozzles.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i have a pretty much stock truck.

i got the CM stg 3 mpg, with the cmgs controller. love it. two stages, two nozzles. i use the #2 and the #10. the first stage is my "normal" driving. i have my second stage set to not come on, less im pretty heavy footed, or im pullling something.

in a hot tune, pulling some hills by my house, with 22k of round bales and trailer, it is real easy to hit 14-1600*. i would normally not do that, pulling in a hot tune i mean, but i wanted to see what the water would do.

turn the water on, same hills, same tune, with the next load of bales, trying to get it hot, will not break 1200*. i physically could not get it hot.

im like csi, i didnt get it for power, or mpg. its hard to judge a mpg gain with it, because it so variable when it comes on. if your light on the go pedal, because your trying to get good mpg, your prolly not hitting the thresh hold of the water anyways, and if you do, your not there for long.

that said, i can say, in general, i MIGHT have picked up 1-1.25 mpg. in all reality, negligible gain.

to set my controller up, i turn two knobs. i can set all 20 different parameters, with just the two knobs on the face of the controller. no additional "stuff" required.

if for some reason you need more control over your system, i think it was thug who had the laptop version. fine tuning crazy with that. i dont know about it though. he would have to comment on that.

i think it took me about 4 hours to put the kit in. most of that was trying to decide where to put stuff. pump, tank, controller, stg 2 solenoid, flow sensor, etc etc. the actual install time was about 3 hours. me and wiring diagrams occasionaly feud.

if your looking for "feelable" sotp power, its doubtful you will get it with water. or meth/water for that matter.

charles uses some water soluable cutting oil in his water tank. swears by it. something about water washing the oil off the cylinder walls, and leaving condensation everywhere in the intake tract, and getting noticeable blowby with straight water. the cutting oil he said made the blowby go away on its own. there was more to it than that, but i could not find the thread he posted that in, and thats the best i could do from memory.

hope that helps.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
He posted about the cutting oil in the thread I started about water/meth setups if you just wanna search my name for the threads started by me you will see it a few pages in you will see it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.