weird black maxx question

Canadian6.4

Reaction score
ok im installing a blackmaxx on my truck and i only get past the point of it asking me if i have an auto trans. then it verifies some stuff and tells me i have an unrecognized part number. 8U20CJ0.BM
any ideas??

Canadian6.4

Reaction score
I've done an update. I did one 2 days ago. Maybe I need to delete the whole card and down load the full sd. How do I delete the whole card. It says it can only be done by h&s?

sootie

Reaction score
just put it in your computer, right click and format it.

then go to the site and select download full SD card.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
if you've downloaded the full card, extracted, updated, etc.

look at the download and see if that file is in the FORD64 folder. If not, you will need to email [email protected] and let them know the issue you're having.

They'll email you the stock file to put in that folder usually same day. I find it odd that the full card wouldn't have that file as my MM & XRT full card downloads both have that file dated late 2011.

FWIW, I'm downloading the full card update right now. I'll check for the file also.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I've done an update. I did one 2 days ago. Maybe I need to delete the whole card and down load the full sd. How do I delete the whole card. It says it can only be done by h&s?

just realized you didn't say you did the whole card update...

like I said, the regular updates have not included stock file updates for a LONG TIME. That missing file is a stock file.

The only way to get the entire folder of stock files is to download the complete card update at the link I posted. You don't need to format the card. Just copy/paste that one file into your FORD64 folder

RedRice589

Reaction score

A real easy solution is calling H&S they can walk you through it and even help you update it if they need to modify anything. Great guys over there.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
FWIW, the file you need is in that download link I provided. If you're on a crappy internet connection, I can email the file directly to you

Canadian6.4

Reaction score
Ok, I've tried formatting the card and downloaded and installed the whole SD card file from HnS. 2 days ago my BM would read the card. After formatting is get error 0. Called HnS and they said the sd card could be malfunctioning. Went and got another card( unfortunately it is 4gb instead of a 2gb) and now the black maxx won't see that a card is even installed.

Canadian6.4

Reaction score
Ok, so I had to follow MM and XRTpro manual formatting protocols. I need to install the bmf008.bm file on the card only. Then go to the truck and upload firmware. Then return to the computer and transfer full card download to the SD card. And update. Once this was all done the BM would see the files and begin to download to the truck until I get to the trans tune section. No matter which trans time I choose, the BM can't open the file and gives me another error 0.
I think I'm going to order a new card from HnS and try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.