Weird no start issue

DZL JIM

Reaction score
....but it's not like it's always done this, just gradually got worse and worse right?

No, hasn't always done this, but...
We got the van together and running in December and put maybe 1k miles on it before I finally got the hot tunes in late January. As we thought about it the problem started a few weeks after that once, then more frequently until we could replicate it on demand a few days ago.
Not sure what problem it would be masking, and I'd love to hear from the tuner what he thinks if he ever gets back to me.

With the hot tune installed, leave key OFF for a minute or 2 and it fires up and runs great. Shut key off, then immediately turn key on and it won't stay running. Sit for a min or 2 with key off and starts up and runs fine. Sit for min or 2 with key on (like setting up scan software) and it won't stay running.
Change tunes and can't replicate the issue no matter what. Tow and Daily tunes won't do it.
Actual ICP meets desired when it idles for a few seconds before it dies so I can't see it being oil issue. Everything we can think of to monitor on the IDS looks fine.
:shrug:

Think I might try someone else for a Hot tune just to see if it does it with theirs, too.

Mdub707

Reaction score
What's the IPR look like when it does quit running or right before it quits rather? You say the ICP is matching desired and actual, but what are the numbers? Do they get really high or low before it dies? This is really odd.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Icp and duty cycle, actual and desired, both climb as it dies. I don't recal actual numbers but I don't think it gets out of single digit mpa. It climbs even more as I floor the throttle and it dies quicker, low teens mpa.
If I do nothing it slowly dies off, and ICP acts like it tries to raise to compensate to keep running. If that's possible.... ??

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yeah exactly what I was wondering, almost like it warms up and has a leak, then ICP raises up trying to keep it alive...

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Yeah exactly what I was wondering, almost like it warms up and has a leak, then ICP raises up trying to keep it alive...

......Then explain to me how you can leave the key OFF for a minute and it'll start back up, but if you leave the key ON it will NEVER re-start???

:wtf:

Alfie

Reaction score
Any codes? Have u done an injector click test see if it goes through and doesn't kick back a fail.

Make sure icp sensor isn't bias.

Make sure EOT isn't bias

What is IPR doing. Give us actual numbers or a screen shot of IDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I now have 2 new tunes from another tuner. The dying issue only occurs with the one tune, so it HAS to be something with that one tune.

Latest posts

Members online