Weird noise at 1500rpm

SmokeyStroker

Reaction score
Well I would check 1 of 2 things. I have heard that noise coming from an exhaust leak, or that is turbo fins contacting the housing. Just my 2cents, not trying to scare you lol.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Does it get worse under load? Check the egr cooler gaskets, if its still on the truck...

Mygt

Reaction score
Well I would check 1 of 2 things. I have heard that noise coming from an exhaust leak, or that is turbo fins contacting the housing. Just my 2cents, not trying to scare you lol.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing, but it's the same noise whether I'm make boost or not lol.

Does it get worse under load? Check the egr cooler gaskets, if its still on the truck...

It's still on the truck, just not in use.

I should say that when I first run the truck in the morning it's non-existent, but once I've driven her throughout the day it comes back.

SmokeyStroker

Reaction score
I thought the same thing, but it's the same noise whether I'm make boost or not lol.

I don't think it matters whether or not your making boost, you're still pushing more exhaust at 1500 than idle at 680. If your cooler is still there, check the clamp from the up pipe to the cooler, I'm sure even if you have plugged the egr cooler, that you still had to use the stock gasket. There is still exhaust pushing past it, and at certain rpms it sometimes sounds like a little reed being blown on. Did you ever check shaft play on the turbo and look at the edges of the fins?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.