Weird Noise

jmm2262

Reaction score
Anyone else hear a noise like in the video? Thought it was coming from under the truck, but seems like it may be coming from engine bay. This happens after I turn the truck off, no matter if the truck was started for a min or 1hr +. After reading online I see many people saying it's waste gate solenoid, vacuum line, or the waste valve actuator.

Jus turned 101k mi and ******d. I just noticed this noise.

https://vimeo.com/198135430

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneck1

Reaction score
Your vid didn't come through, but on my truck the egr valve cycles like 10-15 seconds after shut off.

KCCO

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Video not working and we need info on the truck, including tuning device, tunes, height, ss number, name of first born, etc. Could be a few things.

jmm2262

Reaction score
Sorry, not sure why it didn't upload. Went ahead and uploaded it to YouTube.

https://youtu.be/94wBMSfmXzk

2012 6.7 with 101k miles. Ez Lynk w/ PPEI tunes, egr block off plates, and 4in straight pipe. When doing the installs, also unplugged both orange egr valves. Other than that, the truck is stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
That does not sound like the noise the tsb for the wastegate vacuum harness addreses. Typically that noise is like a 5-7second fart. Soryy, but cant say ive ever heard one like yours. It sounds more like an electrical buzz in the video, is that how you would describe it in person, or ks that just my chitty speakers?

redneck1

Reaction score
Weird freaking noise right there! Never heard a truck make that noise. Do you ever look out the window at night and make sure it not running around on you? Might head back to its home planet at night..

KCCO

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Transmission solenoids buzzing. If I remember correctly, this happens only when tuned and has to do with how the trans base file has been altered. I thought it was an H&S thing only, but obviously not. I also think that it goes away when returned to stock. The truck will do it at random, forever, until tuning is removed.

jmm2262

Reaction score
Transmission solenoids buzzing. If I remember correctly, this happens only when tuned and has to do with how the trans base file has been altered. I thought it was an H&S thing only, but obviously not. I also think that it goes away when returned to stock. The truck will do it at random, forever, until tuning is removed.

When i got under it this evening, it sounded thats where it was coming from. Another off thing i noticed was when i press unlock, the noise came back.

Latest posts

Members online