weird problem. help please!

97strokerHD

Reaction score
Was just curious because for the time being I'm going to unplug it and then wrap some baling wire around the turbo outlet and through the rod bracket to lock it open. Just until I can get a delete pedestal a non ebpv high flow outlet. Saw them on riffraff for a pretty decent price.

79jasper

Reaction score
For the price, just gut yours. Exact same thing, just without the butterfly and shaft.
The non ebpv pedestal would be worth it though.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Arisley

Reaction score
Back to the original question. Where did you get your CPS from. Parts store CPS are famous for being bad out of the box or having a short life.

Buy one from Ford, and make sure the pigtail is in good shape. If it isn't, you can pick one up from a parts house pretty cheap.

There is a spring that hold the EBPV open. If it is still in good shape, there is no reason to wire it open, it is a really strong spring. If it is broken, you do need to wire it open. If your pedestal is not leaking oil, I would not worry about gutting the pedestal. At least until you have to pull the turbo out.

Last edited:

97strokerHD

Reaction score
i got the CPS from a local parts store. it seems to be working ok so far. need to go back in and clear the codes. my pedestal is leaking but i don't plan on gutting it. i'm going to buy a non ebpv turbo outlet and change that, then when i have the time and money i will pull the turbo and swap the pedestal for a deleted one. i bought the pcm fooler plug already. just trying to take care of this one step at a time. still have do crossover steering, put new bushings in the leaf springs, and get traction bars for the rear. lot of stuff on the list.

Latest posts

Members online