Well experienced death wobble

mwdguy

Reaction score
So after a 200 mile trip yesterday to go see the bosses about work, about 10 miles to my destination. My Icon track bar decided it was done. Luckily it did not happen on the hwy. I hit a small bump in the road and heard a binding noise. Then i hit a pothole at about 35 mph and the wheel was uncontrollable until I came to a complete stop. Steering was like steering a boat. Turn the wheel and wait until it moved then correct early. Pulled into a parking lot to try and figure out what broke. It took awhile. The entire truck would move and then something would break free and then the wheels would turn. The adjustable sleeve was sliding and binding on my $130 upgraded heim joint that I bought.
image.jpg1_zpsbitc5vkn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Needless to say after only 30k miles I was not to impressed. So I bought a BD Diesel adjustable track bar. It is a little beefier. I hope to never experience death wobble ever again.

image.jpg3_zps8lwefahs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78

jaynick1

Reaction score
Thats an icon bar after 30k miles? I just installed one, hope it doesnt look that terrible...

LAStroke

Reaction score
I have about 35k on my icon track bar. No problems yet, but this thread is making me check my bar. Glad nothing bad happened to you.

Jomax

Reaction score
My old truck had the icon bar strip in the same spot aswell...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

VetteD_SiN

Reaction score
pmf makes an awesome trackbar and draglink. eliminated any type of negative road feel i had.

Latest posts

Members online