well gf did something. help

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Makes sure the u joints arent froze up also, had a truck doing the same thing the u joints were still tight but just rusted in place and wouldnt let the wheel return to center or anything like it should.

This.

You might be able to get away with greasing the piss out of them while working it back and forth, but that seldom works and is only a bandaid at best.

Fly By Night

Reaction score
So why was she driving your truck? and what posessed her to reach down and yank on the T-Case shifter? And why were your hubs in? Or is this the electric 4wd one?

Vinny07psd

Reaction score
My truck has the same issue, driving me nuts, ill take a turn then all of a sudden when I straighten the wheel it starts fighting me and pulling all over the road

ford rules

Reaction score
Any local autoparts store should have them make sure to get greasable ones, most factory ones are not greasable and just sieze up. We run precision or spicer in most our trucks, used to be spicer only but more and more spicer stuff is being made cheaper and cheaper and most made in mexico now. Keep them greased whatever you buy.

jngreen

Reaction score
Yes, the u-joints can definitely cause that. The stub shafts have to turn with the knuckle when you turn the steering wheel, so the u-joints move even when you are in 2 wheel drive. They don't spin, but they have to be able to move when you turn.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
this why the say you should put in 4x4 once a month so it keeps every spining the way it should

ford rules

Reaction score
This helps also^ but if there not greasable its only a matter of time. I just did a PM on my boss's 2007 dodge 3500 service truck with 50,000 miles never seen dirt roads and not much winter it needed a complete front end and all u-joints. Pretty sad that it needed that with that low of miles, but like say nothing is greasable so it just wore out fast. Thats my theory atleast.

Latest posts

Members online