Well, this is new to me.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Some chain stretch. Plus wheel hop. Ends with the chain bunching between the gear and the case. End result is a big chunk of thin case blown out. Generally takes a lot of abuse before it lets go. If only you could see what happens to drivetrain components under wheel hop it would scare the crap out of you.

nickg3130

Reaction score
Some chain stretch. Plus wheel hop. Ends with the chain bunching between the gear and the case. End result is a big chunk of thin case blown out. Generally takes a lot of abuse before it lets go. If only you could see what happens to drivetrain components under wheel hop it would scare the crap out of you.

I hear ya. Was just crawling around in the sand and ended up leading to a 4wd launch. Didn't air my tires down or anything like that.

You guys think a junkyard t-case would be good? I've found a few that aren't too far away from me. Also does anyone know the model of this case? Mine is a manual shift.

nickg3130

Reaction score
Like stated before, these things are pretty stout. I'd get the junkyard case, clean it up, and stick it in.

That's what I'm thinking. I've found a few low mileage cases and some higher mileage cases. Prices range from like 350-600 which isn't too bad. Especially compared to over 1000 new from ford.

B.Warning

Reaction score
I've done the same thing to mine. Except I broke my rear pinion sled pulling and took out my transfer case and front axle. A junk yard t case will be just fine, ask them how many miles are on it. That's what I put in mine.

ford_trck

Reaction score
I have seen it many times before. Usually it is from people never unlocking the front hubs on the truck. Otherwise it is just from the abuse as said prior.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Danny blew his apart during DPC several years ago. It's still not very common to do though

Not like that. David's vid was priceless though. Me and Dennis stood behind the camera man laughing thru the whole thing.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I hear ya. Was just crawling around in the sand and ended up leading to a 4wd launch. Didn't air my tires down or anything like that.

You guys think a junkyard t-case would be good? I've found a few that aren't too far away from me. Also does anyone know the model of this case? Mine is a manual shift.

i think its a 271... or a 273... cant remember whats what.

live life full throttle

tensixniner

Reaction score
Manual Mechanical Shift Transfer Case - New Venture 271

Electric Shift (Rotary Control) - New Venture 273

Latest posts

Members online