What about a shipping section. ??

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I know a lot of us buy stuff from all over the country.
It seems like a common everyday practice, if you need body parts (well, us rust belt guys do anyway), parts truck, axle, transmission, motor, or whatever, you buy it and have it shipped in if you can't find it locally.

I need to go get a truck from Little Rock AR and bring back to Cleveland OH and I was wondering how to contact others to see if they need anything 'small' brought to or from along the way.

But....I have no real way to post anyhing regarding this to catch the attention of others in need.

If we had a shipping section, it might help others in this manner, too.

We all have trucks and hauling stuff should be a no-brainer, and helping each other out would be great. Why give our money to trucking companies or to sites like uship, when we could help each other out since we're on the road anyway. ??

Input? Other suggestions?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I have a similar problem Jim - I'm headed to Ennis for the worlds and have room on the trailer on the way down - loaded up for the return trip with my own junk.... but it would be nice if something could work out to haul something down to help cover a little fuel costs.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Jim, you have someone in mind to move the truck?

Not yet.
I checked with bama, and not to take anything away from him (I HATE telling people they are charging too much, I'm far from someone credable to tell someone they are not worth their asking price:D), but his cost was toooo much.
I have it listed on uShip right now, and have checked with other carriers but the bids are coming in too high. I'll probably just have to go get myself.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
From 72117 (North Little Rock, 5 minutes from main hwy), to 44024 (10 minutes from main freeway), F-550 4x4, no motor, no bed, reg cab 165" wheelbase.

Quotes have ranged from $900 - $1200, I can go get it way cheaper than that, just figured I could find a spot on a 3 or 4 car wedge for a reasonable price.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
I wasn't sure what it ran to ship them. I head of guys sending a lot further for less then 1000. Im nit a very big believer in u ship. Literally 3 out of the 5 guys I met on there have had ****ful idiot trucks and junk equipment all around. Last truck I had picked up by them cost about 3 times more then there complete set up. Plus he didn't know why I was irritated that he wanted to come at 3 am after they said he would be there at 5pm the previous day

neverkickn

Reaction score
From 72117 (North Little Rock, 5 minutes from main hwy), to 44024 (10 minutes from main freeway), F-550 4x4, no motor, no bed, reg cab 165" wheelbase.

Quotes have ranged from $900 - $1200, I can go get it way cheaper than that, just figured I could find a spot on a 3 or 4 car wedge for a reasonable price.

Junkyard on hwy 70? That is just 10 min from my house. I know a car dealer that moves a good. It of inventory. Wanted to see if he knows anyone?

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I wasn't sure what it ran to ship them. I head of guys sending a lot further for less then 1000. Im nit a very big believer in u ship. Literally 3 out of the 5 guys I met on there have had ****ful idiot trucks and junk equipment all around. Last truck I had picked up by them cost about 3 times more then there complete set up. Plus he didn't know why I was irritated that he wanted to come at 3 am after they said he would be there at 5pm the previous day

I have a cousin who has hauled for uShip for over 5 years (goods, not autos) so he's pushing them pretty hard. Said he can't afford to haul any type of vehicle (except motorcylces) cuz he gets underbid by so many guys.

Junkyard on hwy 70? That is just 10 min from my house. I know a car dealer that moves a good. It of inventory. Wanted to see if he knows anyone?

No, a residence off of 40.

Diesel23

Reaction score
Would be very usefull !! Im up for helping a fellow psa member out im in nwi , but travel to ohio , texas and fla quite a bit !!

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
What ever happened to this idea ya or na. I sometimes find myself wanting something somewhere I dont have time to drive to get. Would rather pay a fellow member to help for thier trip than a company.

Latest posts

Members online