what bed liner

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
I need my truck rhino lined and wondering if anyone has done it with just a diy kit ? there is more than I thought ! I have the plastic pos now

Pstrke96

Reaction score
The line x in the new truck seems good only been a few weeks though. And make sure to shop around the dealer used his guy for ours and I think 570$ was a lil steep

Lugger007

Reaction score
I've heard some guys on here doing the diy kits with success. But to me it was too much hassle, work and time. I've had rhino liner done on 4 trucks and all have held up great. Never an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
closest place to me that does them is like 4 hours away so I wanted to tackle it myself

diezelfreak

Reaction score
Only thing I don't care for on rhino lining is they spray over the bed Bolts instead of pulling them out and taping the wholes. They may not now I know my 99 an my 04 both they did. I do like the texture of the rhino more than line x. It seems to grip stuff more.

LMPirate

Reaction score
I put the weathertech bed liner and tailgate liner in mine and so far been really happy with it. Easy to install and price wise I didn't think it was to bad

mustardbucket107

Reaction score
I have rhino liner on my gmc, line x on my f350, and did herculiner did on my Chevy. I will spend the extra cash on line x every time for now on. For diy, plan on a full day doing it to get good results. I sanded my box, wiped with acetone prior to applying liner, but still had peeling due to heavy stuff I was putting in box and the liner is very grippy but the coating is very thin. Best of luck if you diy.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

fine69

Reaction score
I had Rhino liner in my 05, and I have Line-X in my 09. There is no comparison in my opinion. Rhino liner fades, it's more slippery than Line-X and after a year looked like sh!t! As far as the DIY stuff, I feel you get what you pay for. Every person I know that did it themselves regret it, and said they should've gone with the professionally installed product.

zilla68

Reaction score
i'd just do a drop in liner honestly.

I had a drop in liner in my 96 since day one delivery, took it out last year, and had it bullet lined. after I pulled the liner, there was very very little paint scuffing, etc. no rust no thing, but I was putting in a 60 gallon box/tank in the bed and couldn't get it to work with the drop in liner, so that was really my only option.
I do know that its held up well.
apparently bullet liner is a spin off of the partner from line x or rhino I forget which one, but reading up there was a difference of business direction so one left on his own. I haul a 100 gallon lesco sprayer also and its been great, but does slide when empty, but 100 gallons of water in it and it sits right where it is put.
honestly I would not do it myself on a brand new truck, it would be a shame to have a chitty looking liner in a brand new rig.
if you can get away with it, drop in and go.
years ago I did a drop in and they used some type of closed foam cell underneath and when I pulled it out years later for some reason, it looked great, but definetly not worth it after seeing my 96 liner removed

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I did the herculiner and regret it. The one gallon that they Dias would work wasn't enough to cover a short bed truck plus it was a very thin coat and it wears off fairly quick plus it was an all day project and it is a pain to get the crap off your hands if you let it get on you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
The diy kits must have improved, I tried a few different types of kits and all the roll on stuff I've ever seen is complete garbage.. Puts down a paper thin layer of bedliner and if it isn't prepped perfect it'll just peel off.

Maybe I just suck at prepping but I lost confidence in the diy stuff really fast

wildkarrd

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good from guys using monstaliner. I've talked to probably 7 or 8 people that have used it with great results. Both in bed and rocker panels. I haven't used it personally since this truck was already lined by the dealer. But I plan on using it for my rocker panels down the road.

Sent from a Well Head

bpan

Reaction score
Just get Line X, you need a liner that goes on hot, the other ones are just junk. Expecially DIY.

08Monster

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good from guys using monstaliner. I've talked to probably 7 or 8 people that have used it with great results. Both in bed and rocker panels. I haven't used it personally since this truck was already lined by the dealer. But I plan on using it for my rocker panels down the road.

Sent from a Well Head
It's super hard, no rubber like texture at all it dries a bumpy smooth texture. It scratches as well

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I've never seen any good results with the DIY kits. I have LineX in my truck and its awesome. Better than the Rhinolining in my dads 6.0. If they ask you get the "soft" compound. Its more of a rubber texture and not hard. Stuff doesn't slide around as much. The hard compound stuff slides around and I've heard the hard compound chips easier if you drop stuff in your bed as the soft compound gives a little. Just my .02

Reaction score
I had monster liner put in my 2012 at 1,000 miles and it's been great. Always hauling wheels around and hasn't scuffed up. Faded a lil but expect that after 3 years

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.