What brakes setup to get?

Mulletman

Reaction score
I'm about to do new calipers rotors and pads and I was wondering what everyone is using?

Mulletman

Reaction score
I've heard of people using eBay brake stuff for these trucks. Usually I try to stay away from it but it seems like they don't have to bad of a rep

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Factory seems to be the best, more expensive, but overall better quality. We pulk aftermarket stuff off vehicles due to squeaking, pulling, excessive wear, leaking, you name it weve seen it. Factory stuff has a great warranty, and im getting 80k or so out of brake pads. If you do go factory pay the extra 5 bucks or whatever it is for brown box oe brakes. The super duty value line is not as good as the brown box.

lightning95

Reaction score
I just did my truck this summer and used Ford rotors and Ford severe duty pads front and back. They work pretty good and are quiet. Bought everything off Amazon.

pilot4life

Reaction score
SSBC 8 piston calipers and pads for me with stock rotors. Setup works much better than oem but they are pricey. Although they have paid for themselves twice now when someone cut me off and slammed on their brakes.

joebuck

Reaction score
I've had powerstops kit on my truck for over 1.5years with no problems even towing heavy,there calipers are Ford remans and bought mine off Autoanything with a 20% coupon they were pretty cheap

bruce

Reaction score
I had applied rotor technology rotors with performance plus pads. The rotors were cryogenically treated and were a benefit when I'd have a caliper drag and they'd get hot as hell but wouldn't warp. Stopping power wasn't really that much better than stock. Braided brake lines help out a lot as well as good fluid like ATE superblue

Countrycar

Reaction score
After repeated brake issues where I was doing brakes every 20k on my F-250 and my Excursion I switched to Powerslot Rotors and Hawk pads. This was over 12 yrs ago, and I've never again had to suffer from the brake issues that plague our trucks with stock rotors and pads. As I've read it on other forums and brake repair threads, that for years as we thought, it was due to warped Rotors. Thru out other post's and or other threads I've also read that the Warped rotor theory is in actuality the transfer of heat from the pads to the rotors where the material from the pads imbeds itself to the rotors causing high and low spots, which in turn causes the pulsation we feel in the pedal. I'm not a brake expert nor a metallurgist by any means, but I can tell you that I've never had to experience those issues again after going to aftermarket rotors and pads. Just my experience.

secondarychaos

Reaction score
X3 for OEM.

put Oreilly's on my truck and cracked a rotor in a year.

My rotors were second set stock at 305k and at 348K I'll have to replace again.

Motomez

Reaction score
I just changed out my front rotors after 180Kmiles with Power stop vented and drilled rotors with Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. All I can say is Wow this truck now stops like a sports car. I wish I would have done this years ago. For less than $200 this is a great upgrade for our trucks.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Factory seems to be the best, more expensive, but overall better quality. We pulk aftermarket stuff off vehicles due to squeaking, pulling, excessive wear, leaking, you name it weve seen it. Factory stuff has a great warranty, and im getting 80k or so out of brake pads. If you do go factory pay the extra 5 bucks or whatever it is for brown box oe brakes. The super duty value line is not as good as the brown box.

The oe pads are better then the blue superduty pads?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yes. The blue super duty ones tend to squeak some, and give off more dust. Typically oe brown boxes are only about 5-10 bucks more. i have seen a couple times where the oe ones were actually cheaper.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I would say OEM or Powerstop, I have them on the rear now, doing front ASAP.

Latest posts

Members online