What built transmission and converter to go with?

johnp115

Reaction score
I've heard suncoast is one of the best around and they're warranty covers racing and sled pulling. Any truth to this?

Good option here as well.

suncoast imo doesn't build a fantastic 5r. My twisted stage 3 is covered no matter what.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ya ive heard the guys at Twisted tell you to do a burnout leaving the shop... their warranty is awesome. It really shouldnt be that hard, Save yourself money and spend the 5/6g for a built trans and be done (dont buy parts and have it half assed unless you fully trust whos doing it). Whoever you wanna give the 5/6 grand to is really the only difference as long as its Twisted, RCD, or Midwest (these shops know the 5R pretty well..)

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Ya ive heard the guys at Twisted tell you to do a burnout leaving the shop... their warranty is awesome. It really shouldnt be that hard, Save yourself money and spend the 5/6g for a built trans and be done (dont buy parts and have it half assed unless you fully trust whos doing it). Whoever you wanna give the 5/6 grand to is really the only difference as long as its Twisted, RCD, or Midwest (these shops know the 5R pretty well..)

Burnout leaving the shop. Awesome lol

David N

Reaction score
Another vote for Twisted as well. I love mine!

Plus Daryl and Rave are super nice to deal with and will answer any question you ever have. They have stood behind mine 100% so far!

swinky

Reaction score
I left their shop and went to the track lol

swinky

Reaction score
Another vote for Twisted as well. I love mine!

Plus Daryl and Rave are super nice to deal with and will answer any question you ever have. They have stood behind mine 100% so far!
haha rave is a funny bastard. Great guys at that shop

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Only ever heard great things about twisted also. If you were closer I would suggest MPD. They can build a great 5r also

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
We have always done in house transmission and still do to this date

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk