What clutch to get for a zf6?

bigdirty

Reaction score
The pilot bearing or something else in my clutch is making a grinding/vibration.
Engine is stock with a mild Innovative tune.

What kind of clutch should i get? OEM? or something like a southbend?

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I wish I had some insight, however I don't have one yet. I want to follow this as I am looking to get back into a 6.0 and am leaning towards a 6 Speed this time around. How do you like the 6.0 with the 6 Speed? I had an auto and it was great.

Chris

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of auto's, but behind the 6.0 I love the 5R110.

If you plan on upgrading power wise down the road, might as well upgrade the clutch now while you're in there. If you don't plan on going more, might as well go OEM again right? How long has this one held up with the mild tune? Everyone I've talked to with the ZF6 and an extreme tune has toasted the OEM clutch in no time (like less than 100 miles).

ford_trck

Reaction score
Spend the money and do it right get a south bend. Call them up and tell them what you have and what you may plan on doing. Be honest with them and they will set you up with the best clutch for what you want. In 2 weeks I will be installing my 2nd clutch in the truck after 5 years. The one in there now as been through hell and is finally starting to slip. Get a South Bend.

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
I smoked my stock clutch 6 miles after installing the Looney Tune...

I have a Southbend in it now...love it...

I have an extra SouthBend clutch/pressure plate/bearing/alignment tool, with less then 500 miles on it if you want it.

bigdirty

Reaction score
I wish I had some insight, however I don't have one yet. I want to follow this as I am looking to get back into a 6.0 and am leaning towards a 6 Speed this time around. How do you like the 6.0 with the 6 Speed? I had an auto and it was great.

Chris

Love the manual...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.