What could cause this (HID issue)??

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
Issues and the attention. I don't like the attention it draws to the truck at night. "What is this blinding light coming at me, lets think about stopping him". I have had issues for the last year. One light doesn't match the other extremely noticeable difference in the color. I have tried sets of bulbs, ballast, wiring harness, everything still no fix. Regular bulbs work 100% when they are in there. Even if my HIDs worked flawlessly I still wouldn't want them in the truck.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I hear ya. I like the lower Kelvin (-4000K) lights. Even if they're stupid bright, you can pass them off as regular lights.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have 6K's in my Focus and don't like the light they put out at all... They LOOK awesome, but I would rather drive by my fog lights...

chappy

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my hid fogs. They are a month old and one is acting up I switched ballasts around and the problem followed. So assume a bad ballast. I contacted retro solutions and they want me to pay to have the ballast shipped back an they will test it and if its bad they will send me a new one. I'm not real happy with that at all especially since they are just over a month old and already having problems. I have there harness also. I've spent a lot of money with them on hids and led lights and I'm done with them after this. It sounds like they might just have crappy equipment. I'm sure it ill end up like autozone where no matter if the elecric part is bador not they will say its fine and I'm screwed.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
I have silverstars in mine now and couldn't be happier. I had a 3rd ballast, and 2 harnesses, and 2 sets of bulbs. Still was never able to solve the issue. I wasn't too happy with the whole pay deal either. Roommate is now having the same issue with his. Must be our driveway ........

bigbadford01

Reaction score
I usually only find this issue on the passenger side of the fruck and only on " auto " headlight function. Relay upgrade harness solves the issue.

Latest posts

Members online