What Do You Tow?

Marty

Reaction score
Mine at 22k definitely knew it was there lol. Most of my towing is done in windy backroads with a bunch of ups and downs though....

Not saying it won't know its back there. I laugh when people say "i didn't even know the trailer was back there"...

ummm were you even paying attention?

But these trucks handle the weight amazingly well. The more you know the easier and more comfortable it gets.

weareweird69

Reaction score
I commend you on keeping it that nice looking :thumbup:

Thanks! I try, but sometimes the PA Roads get the best of it. The bumper is pretty sad looking right now

The pics lie, it's a pos!

Just kidding G it's a a damn nice truck. :poke: Not too many people can say they've had their rig featured in an article in a national magazine. :blitzed:

LOL I claim it is sometimes. I can get away from the diesel fuel leaks lately.

Thanks Brent, yours looks WAY better than mine though. lol And good point :) :poke: :evil

SAK

Reaction score
Here is a light load that tipped the scales at 34,720#.

Attachments

• 2012-04-09_18-06-57_987.jpg
    2012-04-09_18-06-57_987.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 220
  • 2012-04-09_18-07-36_861.jpg
    2012-04-09_18-07-36_861.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 194
  • 2012-04-10_07-56-42_14.jpg
    2012-04-10_07-56-42_14.jpg
    733.6 KB · Views: 149

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
The kids and I used spring break to drag our Excursion home from KS last week, not the biggest or heaviest load I've towed in 250k miles with this truck - but maybe the most precious cargo!! I love the Excursion, inappropriately sometimes...:jawdrop: 2200mi round trip, we burned about 15gals of diesel 'cause I was out of WVO for about 100mi. Otherwise, we'd have only used about 5gals. :D With 200gals of VO in the main tank(s) - this trip was basically done without the need for a fuel stop. Instead we take breaks at parks, roadside attractions, etc. Much more peaceful than truck stops - but the dang windshield sure does stay dirtier...

The broken engine is on the back of the dually.
IMAG2701.jpg

Here's what happened... (272k miles)
IMAG2536.jpg

Thanks again Chris (and Byron) for rescuing me and helping yank the engine out. Just so ya know, the kids barely talk about the OTHER 5 days of our trip out there and back - lets just say they can't wait to visit again.

1tonpower

Reaction score
3d146066.jpg

It's a work in progress. It started life as a 28' camper.
Its been stripped modified to handle a 15 yrd dumpster. Its getting duel two stage positions. And hydraulic power is coming from a 6 horse pony motor. With any luck it will be operational this summer

1tonpower

Reaction score
I'm not finished yet. Those axle are good for 12,500..in the next few weeks I'll take it to the scales and see what it weighs empty an I'll go from there

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Here's my newest trailer in tow, going to move a car.
DSCN0568.jpg

Couldn't get a picture of the car on the deck without sunlight, but here's the trailer all lit up.
DSCN0570.jpg

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Who makes that trailer?

A trailer manufacturer out of southern Missouri that I do a lot of business with. It's an older trailer of theirs that I've changed a bit. I had to re wire it, and ended up putting drive over fenders on along with some other small things.

Anth_B

Reaction score
A trailer manufacturer out of southern Missouri that I do a lot of business with. It's an older trailer of theirs that I've changed a bit. I had to re wire it, and ended up putting drive over fenders on along with some other small things.

Is it southeast Missouri by any chance?

I get all of my trailers from a company down here and just wondering if it might be the same.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Is it southeast Missouri by any chance?

I get all of my trailers from a company down here and just wondering if it might be the same.

Yeah, Sixeston, MO. We haul have hauled quite a few trailers out of one of the manufacturers from down there, to up here.

Anth_B

Reaction score
Yeah, Sixeston, MO. We haul have hauled quite a few trailers out of one of the manufacturers from down there, to up here.

Thats quite the drive for ya. Thats not where we buy our but theres a couple places in Sikeston. We get ours from Rice trailers, they are in Naylor.

Latest posts

Members online