What Do You Tow?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It wasn't that bad and was stable as ***. Going to do a set of timbrens and be done

timbrens are sweet... some trucks ride better with them touching all the time and some ride ok with the 1" gap they say to use.... i think it depends on the length of the truck for the most part..

live life full throttle

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I can't justify bags on this truck

Were loaded pretty heavy and everything is super stable and easy to drive can't complain other than the front is higher

Motostroker

Reaction score
That's the problem though. I'm towing recovery for several shops and I never know when I'll get a 2am phone call to two a truck

WHY NOT

Reaction score
If anything I'll take them off until I know I'm going to be loaded down

In would vote air bags. Then all you you have to do is back up to your compressor and air em up before you leave. That way you don't have to bolt or unbolt those things.

It's all about wheel speed and torque.
KCCO

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Never thought I could get TWO back-hoes on the gooseneck...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368369766.142348.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368369800.956817.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368369819.393042.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
In would vote air bags. Then all you you have to do is back up to your compressor and air em up before you leave. That way you don't have to bolt or unbolt those things.

KCCO
thats what everyone around here does... but as much as i travel, ive seen blown bags and trucks folded in half or box sides ripped off do to the blow out.... adjusting the air can be a pain too... yes its easier to air up then pop the timbrens off. but for me i dont even wanna mess with it..... the cost of bags with on board air are crazy... $600-$700 for a cheap kit.. timbrens cost the same, just under $300, as a firestone airbag kit but thats just the kit with bags and brackets.

if dustin isnt hauling on a daily basis then the timbrens will work. or they work for the guys who dont unhook from the trailer....

live life full throttle

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Folded in half due to the blow out? Guessing they were very very overloaded?

KCCO

dirtflinger92

Reaction score
re8egyhe.jpg
amuseded.jpg

Not a Ford but dads cummins doing a little hauling this weekend the Malibu went to the junk yard and the El camino headed home

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I have seen outside frame bags bend the frame before. I have a set actually but couldn't bring myself to drill the frame for them. Something just didn't seam right.

Going to try timbrens I think they will work great and if they don't as always I will give honest feedback.

I will say this tho that load with this truck was one of the most stress free towing experiences I have ever had. Put on 1000 miles this weekend averaged just under 10 mpg in and around mountains Ect... Very pleased

B585Ford

Reaction score
thats what everyone around here does... but as much as i travel, ive seen blown bags and trucks folded in half or box sides ripped off do to the blow out.... adjusting the air can be a pain too... yes its easier to air up then pop the timbrens off. but for me i dont even wanna mess with it..... the cost of bags with on board air are crazy... $600-$700 for a cheap kit.. timbrens cost the same, just under $300, as a firestone airbag kit but thats just the kit with bags and brackets.

if dustin isnt hauling on a daily basis then the timbrens will work. or they work for the guys who dont unhook from the trailer....

live life full throttle

How hard and how long does it take to remove the Timbrens?

Daddyusmaximus

Reaction score
Not exactly living up to her full potential.... but other than people out of a ditch, or using her as a log skidder, I pull this sometimes. :)

Latest posts

Members online