What happened to customer service

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
I try not to splatter people on here. I know that for my one bad story that there is probably 10 good ones. I just want to tell my story so that others may know what kind of experience I had and what kind of shop they will be dealing with before giving them your hard earned money.

Simple order, a set of 220-100 injectors with 7 hole nozzles with new spool valves from Maryland Performance Diesel

Two days after placing my order I received a call that they no longer offer new spool valves. I was assured that they have full confidence in their injectors and that with the warranty they should be fine. I told them to go ahead without the new valves. They informed me that I would receive an email with the tracking information when they left the shop. Sometime later the injectors just showed up, no email or nothing. Obviously the first thing I did was open my new injectors and look at the 7 hole nozzles. Sadly they were not there. I called Maryland the next day and was informed that they had a two month backorder on the 7 hole nozzles. So instead of call or emailing me and letting me know of the back order they sent me the wrong ones hoping I would not notice. Whatever fine I need these injectors. So I installed them anyways. After installing them I had two injectors with bad spool valves. I removed all 8 injectors and sent them over night to be rebuilt. After being rebuilt they sat at Maryland for three days while they decided to send them to me. There was a three day gap between when they said they were completed and when the shipping ticket was created. After receiving them they ran fine. Not great or good but fine. 2000 miles later another injector falls out. I once again pay to have the injectors removed and send to Maryland. Again taking over a week to rebuild them and ship them off. I get to 5000 miles and guess what, another injector goes bad. Same verse as before. Nothing we can do send them in. I do the dance wait and wait and pay and pay. Get them back and they run ok. Here we are with less than 15000 miles on them and I have had another injector go down. Again I pay to have it removed and shipped to them. They received the injectors last Monday and as of 11 am today they have not left their facility. I have asked for some kind of compensation or assistance seeing as I have had to pay to remove them and to ship them four times now. Only to be told that there is nothing they can do and that they have done nothing wrong. I want everyone to keep in mind that this entire time not once did I get to speak to an owner or even a manager. Just some midgrade sales person. I want everyone to know my story and to think twice before ordering. It’s like working with a bunch of children. I run a machine shop here in Knoxville and I know that if a part comes back as GM I am involved not only with correcting the issue but will personaly speak with the customer. Now if that same part comes back a second time the owner will not only rip my a$$ open, he will personally deal with the customer from there on out. I understand that errors happen but not one thing has been done to help the customer. I ask for them to call me nothing. I ask for an email nothing. Terrible products and even worse customer service. The diesel world is a small and it kills me how these shops just don’t give a $#!t about their customers. Call around before buying you injectors. Sorry for the story and my rant. Again I don't like putting these things on here but I'm out of ideas and don't want people to go through what I have.

six-seven13

Reaction score
I recently purchased a turbo kit from them for my 6.7 and I felt the service could of been better. The shipping wasn't as fast as it could of been they didn't seem to be in any hurry to get it sent out to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMart

Reaction score
I don't have any personal experience with them, have heard enough to put them at the bottom of my list of vendors I would order from. This is the first I have heard of their injectors having issues, but I have known more then one person who had issues with their 6.7 turbo kits fitting poorly.

Don't worry, I am sure they will come in to this thread shortly and point fingers and throw the blame around like most other shops do.

Didn't they win tool of the year on PSN shortly before PSA was started?

At least they are trying to fix it. I got some bad parts from Pacific Performance and I have been fighting them since April.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Stock is good, stock is bestest... This is part of the reason my personal vehicles are run mostly stock and why I talk most of my customers out of doing after market go fast goodies.

04cr450

Reaction score
Ashame to hear this. But it's the norm around here locally to mpd. Not sure what their deal is. Awesome clean products though just Piss poor service

Last edited:

Spatel23

Reaction score
Stock is good, stock is bestest... This is part of the reason my personal vehicles are run mostly stock and why I talk most of my customers out of doing after market go fast goodies.

Thats the sad part.
Plenty of good quality companies that bend over backwards to help but understandably some people get soured and never attempt it again.

Pstrke96

Reaction score
This is good to read. because with.no personal experience with mpd I just referred a friends 6.0 job there maybe trailerring it to FL isn't such a bad idea

swinky

Reaction score
Well i will say this.... a very big name shop on here did the head gaskets on my truck and they failed 8 months later. I then got a somewhat local guy to do them over and they've been holding for a year with 300 more hp and over 100lbs of nitrous through the motor.....

And he found a cracked piston. Did one piston/hone, rod bearings and head gaskets for half the price of the big name shop.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

BigBluediesel08

Reaction score
Well i will say this.... a very big name shop on here did the head gaskets on my truck and they failed 8 months later. I then got a somewhat local guy to do them over and they've been holding for a year with 300 more hp and over 100lbs of nitrous through the motor.....

And he found a cracked piston. Did one piston/hone, rod bearings and head gaskets for half the price of the big name shop.

I know the feeling.. Same issue here.. My headgasket went out in less than a year, and I'm still waiting on them to take my truck in (long story). Hopefully it'll get resolved soon. Gets very irritating having to call/message, asking when will they take it in.. I understand they are busy, but the way I see it, if you already paid for your service, they should not keep you waiting. Sorry for the derail op.

black'n'blue

Reaction score
This is really discouraging to hear. MPD is local to me and I'd rather support local business. I've seen several of their trucks /customers trucks run and they were pretty impressive. I do agree about their customer service though. I called to inquire about injectors and the guy I spoke with knew almost nothing about their products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
As I said for my one bad story there are probably ten good. I was just expecting more, especially after doing business with people like Matt at ******** and Charlie at kc turbos.

RNally

Reaction score
As I said for my one bad story there are probably ten good. I was just expecting more, especially after doing business with people like Matt at ******** and Charlie at kc turbos.

Probably more like 1 good to 10 bad with them lol. I get calls almost weekly for people who had their trucks there weeks or months before and spent a fortune, only to have problems again. And it's always the same story, they get told tough schit there isn't anything they can do for them without paying more money. A ton of local people are finally coming out in Maryland and saying all the hell they've gone through in the last couple years with them

Mdub707

Reaction score
I know they just opened a new location and it seems they've been cycling through some personnel lately. I've not dealt with them too much, but Craig has helped me out a time or two, and even gave me some small odds and ends I needed to finish my non VGT swap when I was down visiting. I also had a buddy who had nearly identical issues with Warren injectors (under his valve cover 3 or 4 times) and ended up sending them to MPD to be fixed.

Like any injector built from a core, you run a risk. The best way is still to build from new injectors.

Rykan Holder has also been very good to deal with as far as 6.0 injectors go.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score

Unfreakingbelievable....

No excuse for this. Awhile back when black onyx were fresh we took a hard hit on 5 trucks we had to redo. It hurt alot but those trucks were immediately pushed to Frontline and knocked out personally by me.

patricku47

Reaction score
Unfreakingbelievable....

No excuse for this. Awhile back when black onyx were fresh we took a hard hit on 5 trucks we had to redo. It hurt alot but those trucks were immediately pushed to Frontline and knocked out personally by me.

I wish there were more people out there that treated customers like that!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Your name is all you have. You should do everything you can to protect it. But some people are just out to make a buck. IE all the flatbill shops that are opening up around us, advertising on Facebook stud jobs for $3k... Half of what we charge... It's only a matter of time til they all fold up... Cheap is not quality and quality is not cheap

webb06

Reaction score
Your name is all you have. You should do everything you can to protect it. But some people are just out to make a buck. IE all the flatbill shops that are opening up around us, advertising on Facebook stud jobs for $3k... Half of what we charge... It's only a matter of time til they all fold up... Cheap is not quality and quality is not cheap

Amen to all of that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBluediesel08

Reaction score
Have a question for all you guys that own a shop/work on trucks.. If a customer comes back with blown headgasket, or whatever other reason, would you push it to the front of the line? Even if you're crazy busy? I'm going through a situation right now. And I'm tired of waiting(months).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online