What have you done to your powerstroke today?

Emery19

Reaction score
Got my new radio installed. Don't know how to act with this new finangled technology lol

6542d3d91b3db1c8b8b65bc7308e845b.jpg

7a31afe7dd12d1c7f7f81fc95358c911.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Details on radio? I like that and I wanna upgrade mine.
It was in Montville, north Jersey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ahh ok. I had a sliver of hope for a second. Kinda weird places have that rule. It just doesn't even make sense

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Installed for $450 out the door but can't vouche for additional parts. That's why i let the professionals do it lol

The mic is at the top of the windshield for hands free communication. Aux and USB inputs are in the back require the adapter (I didn't bother getting them). You can turn the display off, but the side buttons are still functional and illuminated.

Allows for back up camera which I may install later on. My super trucker mentality wouldn't let me install it (drive truck for a living so all I really use is side mirrors anyway). But it beats wearing my seat out when backing into a trailer.

Thanks for fellow members I learned about amazon prime music and playing it through my system from my phone which is sweet.

And honestly I believe it woke my factory speakers up (may just be my ears) I'm happy with it the few hours I had it.

d43334494d1cdd1f6cf45dbbb6cf9561.jpg

Last edited:

Emery19

Reaction score
Installed for $450 out the door but can't vouche for additional parts. That's why i let the professionals do it lol

The mic is at the top of the windshield for hands free communication. Aux and USB inputs are in the back require the adapter (I didn't bother getting them). You can turn the display off, but the side buttons are still functional and illuminated.

Allows for back up camera which I may install later on. My super trucker mentality wouldn't let me install it (drive truck for a living so all I really use is side mirrors anyway). But it beats wearing my seat out when backing into a trailer.

Thanks for fellow members I learned about amazon prime music and playing it through my system from my phone which is sweet.

And honestly I believe it woke my factory speakers up (may just be my ears) I'm happy with it the few hours I had it.

d43334494d1cdd1f6cf45dbbb6cf9561.jpg

Not bad. I've installed a few in my day so I'll be doing it myself. I'll have to look into that model; that's really what I was looking for. I wanna keep my steering wheel controls and I already have a backup camera. Your speakers will sound better generally with an aftermarket head unit it helps the sound. Thanks for the info man!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Speaking of this. I also have a 6.7 and this is my first winter with it. We have had some zero days but mostly 10 degrees or so. Truck has zero problem starting on its own but as you stated I'm in it for instant heat.

The couple times I've plugged it up my coolant only got to 70-something with my oil being in the 30's... When my 6.4 that I had last winter would be at 100/100 for both..

Anyone else experience this?

6.7s dont heat up worth a ***

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

dsberman94

Reaction score
6.7s dont heat up worth a ***

live life full throttle

Any chance they went to a lower wattage element? On the 7.3 as I'm sure you know the element is close to the oil cooler so I guess that might help it warm the oil up a bit better. Where is the element in the 6.7 compared to oil galleys and such?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Any chance they went to a lower wattage element? On the 7.3 as I'm sure you know the element is close to the oil cooler so I guess that might help it warm the oil up a bit better. Where is the element in the 6.7 compared to oil galleys and such?
i think they are the same element.. i was just simply stating that a 6.7 doesn't warm up on its own worth a ***... supplemental heater or plugged in are the only ways to xombat that..

live life full throttle

6fourstroker

Reaction score
i think they are the same element.. i was just simply stating that a 6.7 doesn't warm up on its own worth a ***... supplemental heater or plugged in are the only ways to xombat that..

live life full throttle

Right but I was saying above, plugged in my 6.7 doesn't warm up to the same or close temps by way of block heater. Say 75/35.. whereas my 6.4 plugged up used to be 100/100 oil/coolant.. Was wondering if anyone else experienced the plugged up difference in temps on their 6.7

6fourstroker

Reaction score

Not real sure haven't looked that far into it. But I was kinda thinking that. The 6.7 element may be in an area more centralized around oil.. Bc that's my highest temp. Or might be as simple as the 6.7 holds more coolant? (Wild guess)

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Not bad. I've installed a few in my day so I'll be doing it myself. I'll have to look into that model; that's really what I was looking for. I wanna keep my steering wheel controls and I already have a backup camera. Your speakers will sound better generally with an aftermarket head unit it helps the sound. Thanks for the info man!

Not sure if it's compatible with steering wheel controls. I believe some amazon reviews said yes, but nothing concrete. But back up camera for sure is possible.

Yeah its definitely a different sounding system now. Looked at the receipt and they had a adapter kit and installation fee. You'll have to let me know how it goes

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Not sure if it's compatible with steering wheel controls. I believe some amazon reviews said yes, but nothing concrete. But back up camera for sure is possible.

Yeah its definitely a different sounding system now. Looked at the receipt and they had a adapter kit and installation fee. You'll have to let me know how it goes

If it's not in pretty sure there's a module you can buy that works with any aftermarket radio so you can use steering wheel controls. I've seen it at bestbuy.

6speedsd

Reaction score
If it's not in pretty sure there's a module you can buy that works with any aftermarket radio so you can use steering wheel controls. I've seen it at bestbuy.

You are correct. Crutchfield sells a few different ones...a little pricy in my opinion at $60ish for that little module, but it'll let you use your steering wheel controls with aftermarket units.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
ad0bc16c34e178fe8cd16dcd54b0f63a.jpg

Painted my tailgate emblem and stickers on the super duty

What paint do you guys use to paint this stuff? The black is partially gone off my fender badges, and I refuse to pay what they want for replacements. How well does the paint hold up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online