What have you done to your powerstroke today?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Picked these up from 6.0lstroker today.

EA8B73D3-2F0C-4216-B5F5-CF6B5986FD60_zpsbja9zywi.jpg

My my those are beautiful. Wish mine were that clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Those are polished too. Not chrome. Only about 3k miles on them total. Super clean wheels

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Switched from the "Stubby" antenna that got absolutely zero reception to this Steedfast 14" antenna. Even inside my garage in an area that doesn't have good radio stations to begin with I was picking stations up. Still fits in the garage and I can actually listen to the normal radio now. Definitely suggest it to anyone looking for a shorter antenna. Comes with 4 different adapters if you need them.

dff065f8e6fb4dc3c16c12e8437bcdcc.jpg

Jomax

Reaction score
Switched from the "Stubby" antenna that got absolutely zero reception to this Steedfast 14" antenna. Even inside my garage in an area that doesn't have good radio stations to begin with I was picking stations up. Still fits in the garage and I can actually listen to the normal radio now. Definitely suggest it to anyone looking for a shorter antenna. Comes with 4 different adapters if you need them.

Link?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

i dont even know if my short antenna works. its a billet 50cal round... i always use Sirius. i hate static or searching for a clear station.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Link?

Steadfast Auto 10089 - Ford F-Series Truck Antenna 14 Inch - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PKSASIQ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_7HQGxbRPGAD5G

i dont even know if my short antenna works. its a billet 50cal round... i always use Sirius. i hate static or searching for a clear station.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass
I usually stream my own music but sometimes I like listening to the local games on the radio and the stubby got absolutely zero reception.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Swapped out a frozen rear caliper the other day. Today though I cleaned my way over due no limit filter. Removed the filter and the intake was as clean as could be.

kwelch08

Reaction score
Changed my ball joints, and u joints. Need to change my fan clutch. I'm debating going with the 7.3 mechanical fan clutch kit for the 6.0 from BPD. Any9ne have any experience with this kit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Constructionworker

Reaction score
Just did mine this last weekend. Much better fan operation. I also installed the BPD water pump since it was just 4 bolts from being off.. They recommended the motorcraft belt due to aftermarket belts being longer resulting in less tension. While I was upgrading those I installed a new thermostat too.

kwelch08

Reaction score
Just did mine this last weekend. Much better fan operation. I also installed the BPD water pump since it was just 4 bolts from being off.. They recommended the motorcraft belt due to aftermarket belts being longer resulting in less tension. While I was upgrading those I installed a new thermostat too.
What are your Temps like? I thought about getting the water pump too, but idk if I can swing it this week, but have to do the fan clutch.

Constructionworker

Reaction score
What are your Temps like? I thought about getting the water pump too, but idk if I can swing it this week, but have to do the fan clutch.

It's not a fair comparison for temps because I found my thermostat to be stuck in a slightly open position, it won't close any further or open. I'd say it's stuck in the 30% position. Prior to the upgrades I would hit 230 ECT and 240 EOT. but these high temps were directly related to my thermostat not flowing. Towing 10k up the same hill it's hard to get past 205/215. My electric fan was bad but it really should come into play at idle and slow speeds. Idle and slow speeds my temps are 195/200. My water pump was good but since I was in there and I tow with my truck every day, I wanted to touch everything.. I only run motorcraft coolant and distilled water. I also changed my coolant filter 20 miles After all the new parts.

6speedsd

Reaction score
I did the swap a couple weeks ago, but think I have a possessed clutch. Mine stays locked nearly all the time. Accelerating, cruising, highway speeds...all I hear is the loud unmistakeable roar of a locked fan clutch. Haven't really paid attention to oil/coolant temps yet, but I quickly noticed even on 90 degree days, my trans temp never makes it to 160 since it's always locked. Contacted BPD about it and they said run it a little more and see if it loosens up. So far, it hasn't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Constructionworker

Reaction score
If your temps are where they're supposed to be I would guess that you got a bad clutch. Mine seemed stiff for about one or two miles. Right now I only hear it when I takeoff after idling for a bit. It's a very smooth engagement. I also feel more air moving with my hands at idle and my ac is blowing colder at idle.

rosspulliam

Reaction score
Finally finished sound deadening the floor, ceiling, back wall, and installed all of my stereo components that have been sitting around in my way for years. It as a big undertaking but all of my interior is finally back in the truck!

Sg0yREY.jpg

Wyo6.7

Reaction score
12 250 KR paint matched headlights

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0066.jpg

Pulled apart the factory headlights, did paint to match on housings tuxedo black and pale adobe metallic. painted the orange marker light with the running W logo negative space, lights up nice with a small led bulb behind it. added the led strips also, they are switchbacks with amber turn signals, the white is a little bit more purple than I had hoped but looks good. don't mind the info in my sig, ill update it.

Latest posts

Members online