What have you done to your powerstroke today?

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Spray it on the seats and use an old sock or t-shirt to wipe it in. I have cleaned my cup holders with it also and steering wheel. Dash I just use a damp towel to wipe down. I hate using any kind of cleaning wipes as they always leave that greasy residue that attracts dust. Pledge really does work great, my father-in-law turned me onto it when I bought the truck.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Spray it on the seats and use an old sock or t-shirt to wipe it in. I have cleaned my cup holders with it also and steering wheel. Dash I just use a damp towel to wipe down. I hate using any kind of cleaning wipes as they always leave that greasy residue that attracts dust. Pledge really does work great, my father-in-law turned me onto it when I bought the truck.

Couple questions if you do not mind..
Their has to be several kinds of pledge, maybe I missed it but which one do you use?
Is yours KR leather also, how long have you been using it, does it stay soft?
I agree with the whips being greasy, is their is any good or bad comments you have about the pledge?
Do you have any pictures?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CoastalF350

Reaction score
The king ranch stuff, which the previous owner used and Came with almost two full bottles.
That was the second time I have done it since I got it a month ago.
Debating on if I should switch to something else or not. The price is only $9. A bottle plus shipping so it's not the price just want the best.
Do you have a KR what do you use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you want your seats to last, you are only suppose to use the king ranch treatment. The leather they use if different from other cars. I detail cars and trucks on the side and Im on 3 major detailing forums, its what i say as well as others on the forums.

CoastalF350

Reaction score
Not today but friday I installed a 2012 back bumper on my truck.
2usyry3u.jpg

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Mott, no problem at all. I was VERY skeptical about using it at first, but tried it and it works great. I use the regular lemon scented spray, put it on the seat than wipe it off with a sock. I did use the meguiar wipes and they were very oily. The pledge is a little slippery at first but after 2 days all good. I have a lariat so just the regular leather. Next time I clean them I will take pics.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
If you want your seats to last, you are only suppose to use the king ranch treatment. The leather they use if different from other cars. I detail cars and trucks on the side and Im on 3 major detailing forums, its what i say as well as others on the forums.

I have done a little research into the leather and understand its of a different king/quality, and I am all about making it last.... Do you have any other advice you can give me on how often to treat or any tricks of the trade.

Mott, no problem at all. I was VERY skeptical about using it at first, but tried it and it works great. I use the regular lemon scented spray, put it on the seat than wipe it off with a sock. I did use the meguiar wipes and they were very oily. The pledge is a little slippery at first but after 2 days all good. I have a lariat so just the regular leather. Next time I clean them I will take pics.
O right on, might have to try this out on my dads leather first. lol.
Wondering if any KR guys have used this, It seems like the KR leather is easily discolored, I might have to just do a small spot and see how it looks.
Thanks for the info.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Jay, I'll take a video and post it the next time I clean my seats. Maybe this weekend. If detailers are telling you to use the KR stuff, than use it. I only use the Pledge because it was recommended by my FIL and my BIL uses it on his leather seats and it works great.

CoastalF350

Reaction score
I have done a little research into the leather and understand its of a different king/quality, and I am all about making it last.... Do you have any other advice you can give me on how often to treat or any tricks of the trade.

O right on, might have to try this out on my dads leather first. lol.

Wondering if any KR guys have used this, It seems like the KR leather is easily discolored, I might have to just do a small spot and see how it looks.

Thanks for the info.

As far as tricks and tips. Minimum amount of everything! Also, on your hard plastic in your truck dont use armor all, it will leave everything a greasy mess. I personally use meguairs natural shine, it gives it a factor finish that doesn't collect dust like AA.

Also, dont use the soap at the car wash, most of the time its not PH balanced and will effect your clear coat eventually.

When washing your truck keep a separate sponge for your rims and check your sponge every half panel for Dirt that may scratch your paint.

If you want a silk smooth paint the. Use a clay bar or nanoskin every 6 months. This will help with water spots and keep your paint looking new. Make sure you follow up with a good wax.

Never wash your micro fiber cloths with other clothes. Wash separately and use vinegar for the fabric softener, then hang dry.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
As far as tricks and tips. Minimum amount of everything! Also, on your hard plastic in your truck dont use armor all, it will leave everything a greasy mess. I personally use meguairs natural shine, it gives it a factor finish that doesn't collect dust like AA.

Also, dont use the soap at the car wash, most of the time its not PH balanced and will effect your clear coat eventually.

When washing your truck keep a separate sponge for your rims and check your sponge every half panel for Dirt that may scratch your paint.

If you want a silk smooth paint the. Use a clay bar or nanoskin every 6 months. This will help with water spots and keep your paint looking new. Make sure you follow up with a good wax.

Never wash your micro fiber cloths with other clothes. Wash separately and use vinegar for the fabric softener, then hang dry.

You mind if I post this in the tips and tricks thread I started for the 6.7s a while back?

live life full throttle

20007.3L

Reaction score
One of my beat friends was murdered last night soo the old 7.3 will be roasting some tires at his memorial ride! He was a huge truck fanatic!

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Head tech finished up my truck today, for the 6.4 guys the updated axle dust seal is a much better design with rubber in a metal housing than the stock rubber only seal that just falls out and hangs around. Powerslot Cryo's are on and looking sharp, can't wait to try them out

IMG-20140203-00004-SM.jpg

This week.... paint the grill and get the water pump, tensioners, belts all on and ready for the Alradco IC/Radiator setup.

EDIT: ****ty pic of the new seal
IMG-20140203-00003-SM.jpg

Last edited:

CoastalF350

Reaction score
You mind if I post this in the tips and tricks thread I started for the 6.7s a while back?

live life full throttle

No problem man! If you have any more questions just hollar. If i have the answers i have no problem sharing! It would be nice to have a detail sub forum here!

Latest posts

Members online