What Head lightbulbs to match rigid leds?

Jgon08

Reaction score
I'll let you guys know later this afternoon. They appear to be built similar to an HID kit as they also have a ballast box and are plug and play. Lifetime warranty is nice as well, seems like these will take a lot more abuse and have a lot longer life. I would think they would run more efficient than an HID as there is not as much heat or power consumption from an LED and the little ballast even has a cooling fan on it.

Any idea how much less power they use? Could cause problems if there isn't a resonator included.

bigaF250

Reaction score
I want to say that there is a resonator built in the ballast box. I will double check that with him. It's cree LED lights. Hids run 35-55w where a cree runs 3-6w. I haven't seen how many bulbs make up this kit so I can't say how many w total they are.

Jgon08

Reaction score
I want to say that there is a resonator built in the ballast box. I will double check that with him. It's cree LED lights. Hids run 35-55w where a cree runs 3-6w. I haven't seen how many bulbs make up this kit so I can't say how many w total they are.

Good deal just a few questions to ask to make sure it's going to be good and don't cause issues in a few years..

bigaF250

Reaction score
Ya those aren't intriguing at all. They are 700 lumen to 1200. 3 month warranty to lifetime. And claimed 20,000 hours to 30,000. Just seem cheap all around

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TripleE44

Reaction score
Ya those aren't intriguing at all. They are 700 lumen to 1200. 3 month warranty to lifetime. And claimed 20,000 hours to 30,000. Just seem cheap all around

Yeah, I saw them before I even saw this thread. I thought for the price they'd be worth a shot.

I looked a little and I found a silverstar hxe or some bs bulb was 1000 lumens, and 1500 on brights just for reference.

I wonder if that means the zeus won't be a TON brighter, but at least they will be whiter instead of yellow...

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
If you're talking about a stock halogen bulb and saying they are better/brighter than hids in stock housings then the newer trucks must be much different. My hids light up the road more than two halogen trucks side by side would. I'm sure they are plenty of people on here who would agree.

Volume of light and quality of light are two separate things...

bigaF250

Reaction score
I just installed some 55W HID's from Retro-Solutions. I love them.

That's what I was getting ready to order when I found these. I just want the output of the HID without the heat and without having to worry about them burning out, or ballasts failing. Less money for the same output with a longer lifespan is appealing to me.

Jgon08

Reaction score
That's what I was getting ready to order when I found these. I just want the output of the HID without the heat and without having to worry about them burning out, or ballasts failing. Less money for the same output with a longer lifespan is appealing to me.

It's really hard to beat retro on all of what you just said you want, light output is great last a long time with a lifetime warrenty, yes they do have some heat but I've had 8-10 sets and never had any issue with burning lens or anything on several vehicles if that helps any.

bigaF250

Reaction score
I'm not saying they are bad in any way. I think retro is a good kit and does awesome work with beyond great customer service. I just like that there is another alternative to hid. And personally would run led before I run hid.

Jgon08

Reaction score
I'm not saying they are bad in any way. I think retro is a good kit and does awesome work with beyond great customer service. I just like that there is another alternative to hid. And personally would run led before I run hid.

I'm with you. I'm just curious how these really are.

bigaF250

Reaction score
My local guy here has a set coming to him next week. So we're going to do all the testing. Also I talked with him on group deals and he was saying that yes he can get better prices. I will let you all know when I know. I will also be starting a new thread to get everybody together on it here in the next few days

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
My local guy here has a set coming to him next week. So we're going to do all the testing. Also I talked with him on group deals and he was saying that yes he can get better prices. I will let you all know when I know. I will also be starting a new thread to get everybody together on it here in the next few days

Awesome, I'll be keeping an eye on this and the new thread

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.