What HP should I make???

Duradan

Reaction score
Alright, so I know what HP I made with these mods... But it seems low to me... Ill list everything off and what do YOU think I should be making power wise?

--Intake
--MBRP Exhaust
--Ts 6 pos Chip
--Swamps 175/146 injectors (ran 230 hybrids for the dyno with same tunes as smaller injectors)
--H2E turbo kit w/out I/C
--Fass Fuel
--Sinister Regulated Fuel Return Kit
--Adrenaline HPOP
--Built tranny (Billet TC)

And that is it I believe...

Duradan

Reaction score
I made 369HP with the hybrids in... glad im not the only one who thinks that number is low... what could be wrong for me to lose this much power? (made 55 lbs of boost with the hybrids in) 35 lbs with the 175's in... surprised I dont make more power...

Duradan

Reaction score
like i said, the hybrids were just thrown in for one weekend, no tunes changed for them, used the tunes I had for the 175's...

Im just curious why even with the 175's I dont make good power... turbo has been on for like 6 months and is healthy, hpop is pretty much brand new (3 months)... havent checked it pressure wise though, got good fuel pressure... im thinkin there is a tuning issue

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
So you were running bigger injectors but with tunes for smaller injectors????

My guess is that since the chip was only calling for 175ccs of fuel thats all ya got even tho you ran bigger injectors. I'm sure someone will correct me.

Duradan

Reaction score
So you were running bigger injectors but with tunes for smaller injectors????

My guess is that since the chip was only calling for 175ccs of fuel thats all ya got even tho you ran bigger injectors. I'm sure someone will correct me.

Ya, but even with the 175's shouldnt I make over 369hp?

Duradan

Reaction score
I would say that the tune might have messed with the numbers you were hoping for.

With the 175 set up the truck ran about a 14.4... (35 lbs)
With the hybrids the truck ran a 14.1.. (55lbs)
Dyno'ed w/hybrids at 369 HP
Never dyno'ed with 175's but im sure it will be a lower number considering the quarter mile ET Difference

Duradan

Reaction score
With the 175's I would say around 400. Your numbers definitely seem low to me. Are you sure you don't have any boost leaks? Could something have been wrong with the dyno?

dyno was fine, everyone else dyno'ed around there expected amount... My motor is out of the truck right now, did studs to it, and I found a few minor exhaust leaks, but I doubt enough to make 30-60 hp loss... well see though when I get the motor back in...

davey99ps

Reaction score
With the 175 set up the truck ran about a 14.4... (35 lbs)
With the hybrids the truck ran a 14.1.. (55lbs)
Dyno'ed w/hybrids at 369 HP
Never dyno'ed with 175's but im sure it will be a lower number considering the quarter mile ET Difference
I have a cc/lb obs also, mine weighs 7000 with me in it. I put 7200 in to the HP calculator just to keep it conservative, an used your 14.1, an it said 421hp at the wheels which seems a lot closer to where you should be

Last edited:

97powerstroke

Reaction score
What kinda fuel pressure do you have? I have heard fass pumps aren't a good choice for powerstrokes cause they don't make enough pressure but are more for flow to feed an Injector pump on the Chevys and dodges

Duradan

Reaction score
What kinda fuel pressure do you have? I have heard fass pumps aren't a good choice for powerstrokes cause they don't make enough pressure but are more for flow to feed an Injector pump on the Chevys and dodges

I believe were running 70 psi right now... and my truck weighs 6980lbs w/me in it

kampy

Reaction score
I'd think 400 would be tops for the 175/146, after all, they're just stock nozzles and you can only get so much fuel through them in so much pulsewidth. 350 would realistically be more like it depending on whos tunes you run.
Edit: I think Swamps only advertises their 175/30's for about 385hp on a SD

ITUKMOR

Reaction score
175/146 injectors are rated around 375hp. This is assuming no drive/boost leaks, fuel pressure, blah blah blah.

Tom S

Reaction score
Dynos are very subjective so do not get to caught up in them. I would be way more worried about how good the truck runs then an exact HP number.