What hp will it make?

Timmy

Reaction score
Getting ready to install all my parts on my 7.3 and curious as to what approximate hp I'll be at, as to not be disappointed when it's all together. This will be my dd but only put 600 miles on it a month, the occasional drag race and sled pull. I plan on having it live tuned, but will the injector/turbo combo be potent for another windows 7.3? Thanks for the help guys

late 99 f350 sclb zf6 300k miles
Leveled on 35s
400/400 swamp injectors
S468 with irate T4 uppipes
SRP1.1
strictly diesel race fuel system (fuel lab pump)
ARP studs
Smith bros pushrods
Comp 910 springs with shims
Riffraff boots
PHP tunes
Kenny's pulling 750hp dual disk clutch

DocBar

Reaction score
What's the limiting factor in my setup?

Your bottom end and block. HPOP might be an issue. Did I miss who you're using for a tuner? Live tuning is absolutely the best way to go.
Good luck with your build. :ford:

Timmy

Reaction score
I plan on using swamps to live tune since I have their injectors, but I have a hydra with PHP custom tunes for now

Arisley

Reaction score
Everything is laggy with a ZF6.

With 300K on it, have you done a compression test on it? Have you checked oil pressure with a mechanical gauge?

If anything is wrong with the bottom end, it will make about 525 before it hand grenades.

Reaction score
I would not think that an srp would run that injector to full potential. To me that would be your limiting factor on hp. But then again a stock bottom end won't handle 400/400's but so long til it gives up.

Baker42

Reaction score
a 400/400 is a bit to risky for me as far as reliability goes. The holes are large and are in close proximity to each other. there for prone to blowing out into a really large hole.

njjeep

Reaction score
My truck ran 12.9 with 250/200's and S468.

I was wondering how much nitrous would be safe with an S468 with no waste gate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocBar

Reaction score
I plan on using swamps to live tune since I have their injectors, but I have a hydra with PHP custom tunes for now
I've never ran or rode anything with Swamps tuning, but they are one of the best shops in the country.

It's hard to go wrong with PHP tunes. In my personal experience, Gearhead tuning is great. You should consider them.

Timmy

Reaction score
Everything is laggy with a ZF6.

With 300K on it, have you done a compression test on it? Have you checked oil pressure with a mechanical gauge?

If anything is wrong with the bottom end, it will make about 525 before it hand grenades.

The more laggy it is, the less chance of breaking a stock forged rod right? Compression test was good, very little blow by. I won't be running the race tune all the time, but want the power there whenever I "need" it lol

emev0l

Reaction score
Would a s471 or s475 be too laggy on the street with the zf6?

A s468 fmw will outflow a box s471.

I wouldn't run 400/400's with a s468 without a wastegate.

Smaller exhaust housings help spool a turbo faster.

Latest posts

Members online