What I learned at TS '12

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
This was my first trip to TS.. My g/f & I had a great time! Definitely plan on going to the Shied event in August. Dynoed the truck too.. 454.1 hp & 1000 ft/lbs.

dude you was at the ramada right? did somebody hit the side of your truck?

everything went pretty good but i would change alot in my opinion...

-more food vendors at the drag race
-maybe add burnout competition to the drag race for down time.
-do a bikini contest on time and just the contest nothing else.
-start the pull at 2pm not 6 after everybody is tired from the whole weekend.
-dirtbikes are cool, i love them but i drove 9hrs to watch a sledpull...just saying.
just venting sorry if i made somebody mad.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
-more food vendors at the drag race
-maybe add burnout competition to the drag race for down time.
-do a bikini contest on time and just the contest nothing else.
-start the pull at 2pm not 6 after everybody is tired from the whole weekend.
-dirtbikes are cool, i love them but i drove 9hrs to watch a sledpull...just saying.
just venting sorry if i made somebody mad.

:whs:

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

K_Hood

Reaction score
Finally catching up on this thread.

Had a blast at TS! Definitely want to go again next year. Stayed at the Ramada so I got to meet the Holderdown guys, cool ass group. Went across the street and met all the Twisted guys from VA. Lost a few bucks trying to learn how to play that dice game LOL. Very cool group of guys and definitely looking forward to hanging with everybody again next year.

Met a couple of yall at the track but didn't get to meet as much as I had hoped. Seen most of yalls trucks though (well those who brought them).

Overall TS was a blast. Far to many things to list that I really liked.

As for the bad things though, there was a few. The Dodge and GM guys running around town rolling coal all over the roads got kinda old quick, cops were definitely keeping an eye out. The food vendor lines at the track were insanely horrible. You could barely hear the announcer at the track so I had no idea who was running or what they were running or basically anything involved with it. The left lane display was out almost the entire day and of course most of the Powerstrokes got stuck on that lane so I was disappointed with that cause I was looking forward to seeing how they ran. As for the sled pulls, I wish they would have started earlier. Watching the dirtbikes was ok, but as you could tell from the crowd, everybody just wanted to see some pulling. Oh and of course the idiot who tore down the power lines at the speedway...LOL

Overall though the atmosphere with everybody was a blast. Definitely not the place to go though if you are messing with your truck on a budget though, after seeing all those trucks it just makes me want to dump money into mine LOL.

I got a few pics and even a couple videos to throw up here later after I get back from class.

Can't wait till next year.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
I did see an older guy drunk as hell getting tot'ed away by 2 cops in handcuffs.

Was that saturday? I saw an old guy in a cowboy hat drunker than dixie getting handled buy 2 cops in Franklin. These girls asked me if he was a bad man. I told them he done had too much fun! :toast:

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Oh well. I say a lot of brilliant things...

Kelly's quote of the weekend with me was "we are taking your Tennesee virginity.."

The people are deep thing was Kelly also, i remember he said it after a fight with SoCo and a fuel pump but I can't remember why exactly he said it.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Was that saturday? I saw an old guy in a cowboy hat drunker than dixie getting handled buy 2 cops in Franklin. These girls asked me if he was a bad man. I told them he done had too much fun! :toast:

Yeah that was him, they took him out right behind my truck while I was waiting to dyno.

SevenThree

Reaction score
The people are deep thing was Kelly also, i remember he said it after a fight with SoCo and a fuel pump but I can't remember why exactly he said it.

I know, I was making an offhanded statement.
I like how you tried to play badass and move the truck only to find they were out of diesel.

Latest posts

Members online