What injector problems to come after low fuel pressure

Reaction score
My fuel pump recently went out and I know I was running low fuel pressure for about 6 weeks minimum, more than likely extremely low fuel pressure. Fuel pump was clogged fuel of rust and debris out of a bad transfer tank. Problem is now solved with regulated return and a fuel lab. After this incident my truck has idled rougher and had the worst stiction problem its ever had even after a run of rev x. Question is how toast are these injectors after low fuel pressure and towing with low fuel pressure and will a rebuild from holders fix this problem or am I stuck with buying new ones.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
I know Rykan will say they are probably junk. Low to no fuel pressure on a 6.0 nozzle is bad news and will probably crack. Besides the body probably has excessive wear.

Cold Roller

Reaction score
You wont know until you pull them out, but spool stiction shouldn't be part of the problem as that is oil related, not fuel. On the fuel side, the plunger may be worn or scarred due to lack of fuel to cool and lubricate the bore; but more than likely the nozzles are damaged, causing sticking that would appear as stiction-like problems.

Latest posts

Members online