What is a banjo bolt?

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I had asked that also cause i've never seen lines stick out that far at the rear of the heads. I know 90* o-ring fittings come close to touching the y-pipe.

yeah, this is a crossover line I made up awile back. I hope it works tho!
102_1416.jpg

Donzimama

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
why not just put a threaded plug into the factory regulator instead of having it return with the aeromotive? That would save on some cost for fittings, but not only that, you might have an issue with both the factory regulator and aeromotive returning. No need for having that much fuel returning back to the tank. Hopefully pressure will be able to stay up with that much returning. I'm sure there's a reason why every RR kit out there blocks off the factory return from the regulator.
Sounds like something to look into. I don't forsee any problems. The stock regulator won't Hurt being hooked up, it has an 80 psi spring and is going to be flowing, the aeromotive will be regulated at 65-70 and have 10 psi returning to the tank- let me ask you, whats wrong with returning fuel...?it's just coming back where it came from..that's the beauty of the aeromotive pump.. To hold back pressure

Last edited:

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Sounds like something to look into. I don't forsee any problems. The stock regulator won't Hurt being hooked up, it has an 80 psi spring and is going to be flowing, the aeromotive will be regulated at 65-70 and have 10 psi returning to the tank- let me ask you, whats wrong with returning fuel...?it's just coming back where it came from..that's the beauty of the aeromotive pump.. To hold back pressure

I have my factory return capped off. I just have a t block from the back of the heads and then a line that hooks up to the factory quick connect fitting. I dont have a regulator. Just use the AD2. I think It would be easier to do it that way :shrug:

Donzimama

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I do too actually. For the stage 1 with hard lines and banjos it will retain the factory regulator, but the stage 2 I'm going to cap it off
And go straight lines to the front of the heads as well. Thanks for the good ideas!

strokin6L

Reaction score

i only have the aeromotive returning with pressure staying at 60psi without dropping at all. But then again, i don't have the factory fuel filter regulator/housing Just see zero need for two regulators returning...doesn't really make sense. Also, Like i said...will save on cost.

Attachments

• 186.JPG
    186.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Donzimama

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I think I will block it off on both. The aeromotive is already returning you're right.

Countryboy07

Reaction score
I agree with Chris (Strokin6L) no need for two regulators, I cut my stock fuel filter/regulator off of the oil filter housing and made a bracket that mounted the new areomotive regulator in its place. Works like a charm.

Kits look good Donzi! I can't wait to see how your truck runs once you get a tranny in it and push it a little harder.

-French

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Something else to think about JJ, is some type if heat insulation on the lower lines to help protect the teflon inner liners. Something like the heat rap they sell at summit, or jegs.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If you take a step back and look at whats happenin here its really cool. Were making the best regulated return posible with all the ideas and things not to do. to come uo with the perfect thing. a perfect product no more guessing. I like it and have my full suporate in making this happen.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
So I'm new to diesels, what exactly does the above kit do?

It helps supply the injectors with the proper flow and pressure that they need, low pressure/flow can kill injectors. Hot tunes and bigger injectors drain the heads quicker than the stock fuel system can keep up with. That's a big reason I always preach a fuel pressure gauge.

Garrett

da94broncodude

Reaction score
on itps kit, the stock regulator block off, is that just a machined flat surface with o-ring and then it just flows through the aluminum block throught the factory drain line?

Donzimama

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yes Joey that's correct. Thanks for the great ideas guys I am open to suggestions for the best quality kit that will work the best, that's what I'm after. Chris I had the straight o-ring fittings changed to 90s for a tighter fit to the head and shortened them 2 inches I'll post pics tonight but they are looking even better .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online