What kinda FP are you OBS guys seeing w/ big injectors and stock fuel system?

always-strokin

Reaction score
Just curious. What are you guys w/ big injectors/turbo seeing for FP when WOT w/ the stock fuel system (read: non e-fuel)? What kinda drop between cruising and idle are you experiencing?

bad12jr

Reaction score
What's considered big? To me 300 plus is big. Which no one in there right mind would do with a stock fuel system.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

always-strokin

Reaction score
i'd say, maybe 180s and above? More specifically, 238/100s. I know charles has said he mad 633whp w/ 39psi and he doesn't believe FP is a huge factor, but I'm just curious what a mechanical FP would dip to w/ hybrid 238s.

Gearhead

Reaction score
It will not be enough and you risk killing your injectors...... Why try and find out?

Nodge

Reaction score
I ran my 238/100 on a new stock mechanical pump. It's not enough to run them. I wasn't monitoring pressure, but when the truck bucks and jerks and surges, it's pretty obvious it wasn't keeping up.
It did run fine in the lower tunes until I got my E fuel rigged up.

always-strokin

Reaction score
^What kinda hp/tq did you put down w/ the mechanical pump vs the efuel? You have an impressive looking setup that I'm actually looking to get also (well, close to it anyhow).

Nodge

Reaction score
Never been dyno'd.
The stock pump will not support them when run hard, you really need e-fuel.

jschildm

Reaction score
I think its more about not starving on fuel and damaging the injectors than it is about the horsepower gains by going to e-fuel.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
11psi with 238/100 and a 'healthy' mechanical pump. This wasn't WOT either, about 2/3 throttle trying to purge air out of HPO lines.
E-fuel went on later that day.

m j

Reaction score
these guys are trying to warn you that the fuel is also the lubricant for the moving parts in the injector
no fuel = metal on metal with a few thousand lbs of hydraulic pressure pushing down on it

EASH

Reaction score
my old truck with 175/30s strong mechanical pump FP would drop to 13 psi at WOT changed to Efuel system with a SD pump regulator set at 60 psi and i couldn't make the pressure drop

Latest posts

Members online