What size injectors should I go with??

TyCorr

Reaction score
My train of thought is simple: try em out and if you love them there was no point in getting them rebuilt and renozzled. If they suck, lol, then get em reworked.

bigfords

Reaction score
I too agree. I realize there are a few guys pushing the 200% nozzle right now, and are having great success. My question is: for the guy looking for a nice DD, Tow, and Street truck, isn't it easier to go with a 80-100% nozzle? Won't they be easier to get dialed in without sacrificing idle and all that?

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
I too agree. I realize there are a few guys pushing the 200% nozzle right now, and are having great success. My question is: for the guy looking for a nice DD, Tow, and Street truck, isn't it easier to go with a 80-100% nozzle? Won't they be easier to get dialed in without sacrificing idle and all that?

My question is WHY are they pushing 200% nozzles? That's enough fuel for 600 hp.

A 38R with stock cam and heads can only support 480-500 max.
A 238/ 80 is perfect for a DD tow rig.

DocBar

Reaction score
My question is WHY are they pushing 200% nozzles? That's enough fuel for 600 hp.

A 38R with stock cam and heads can only support 480-500 max.
A 238/ 80 is perfect for a DD tow rig.
Charles has lots to say about the subject here. After reading your Snow White thread, it would be fun to watch you and Charles "discuss" things, as well. :blitzed:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Charles has lots to say about the subject here. After reading your Snow White thread, it would be fun to watch you and Charles "discuss" things, as well. :blitzed:

Dude, we dont need to go there but if we do :popcorn:

I hear good things in Lotts advice. I also agree with Charles theory about using the nozzles.to gain efficiency regardless of targeted hp. I dont really know.much but in my limited experience I found stg IIs with 80&100 over nozzles to be 400hp injectors with a 38r. If you want a squeaky clean truck.

To make 500hp, on my terms, it has to be a 238,250, or 275/200. Low pw, cool egts and nice clean response. My only goal.

DocBar

Reaction score
Dude, we dont need to go there but if we do :popcorn:

I hear good things in Lotts advice. I also agree with Charles theory about using the nozzles.to gain efficiency regardless of targeted hp. I dont really know.much but in my limited experience I found stg IIs with 80&100 over nozzles to be 400hp injectors with a 38r. If you want a squeaky clean truck.

To make 500hp, on my terms, it has to be a 238,250, or 275/200. Low pw, cool egts and nice clean response. My only goal.
I'm making 500 on very conservative tunes from Matt with 250/100's. The same truck is ~550 with David's tunes.

I find myself agreeing with Charles and, to an extent, Dave, that you can run the largest injectors they make and acheive the power level you want. In other words, buy larger than you think you need or want and tune according to your mods. You might lose a bit of mileage but you'll gain the ability to grow into your injectors through supporting mods.

And we absolutely have to go there with David and Charles. The irresistable force meets the unmovable object.

Latest posts

Members online