What springs to go with?

ford rules

Reaction score
So my mom drives a 03 excursion and the front leafs are shot on it. What springs should I go with to replace them i just want stock height.
Ive always heard go with the V codes, anyone have a factory part number for them?

Thanks Guys!!

TARM

Reaction score
Just get the springs off any F250 or 350 that did not have the factory plow package installed as they got even stiffer X codes.

No matter what its going to raise the front end a 1-2" But it will be close to leveling the unloaded X not make it overly front high in most cases. It may appear to be because of the body shape but if you measure at a horizontal line it will be likely within 1"

Now if you wanted to go just get the rack balanced back out you could add a 1" spacer block under each rear leaf and that should get you close to original rake.

See as your fronts are shot that means they are sitting on the bump stops if they are even still there. So they are already dropped 1-2" from new. Thus no matter what its going to seem like you are getting hieght raise from current. But as there is no tire size change you have planned really look at what say 3-3.5" is visually. Not much at all. As long as you have side steps no one should have issues getting in and out on 31" tires.

Honestly if you want to do it correct and get the best ride over all you need to do all 4 springs . Swap the rear with B codes and add the couple leafs from the originals. See the rears had to still meet the 1/2 ton rating yet they wanted ride hieght to be lower to ensure garage fit. Thus they are actually stiffer as the same total weight rating is spread across a reduced range of motion ( a flatter spring ache).

Nice thing is you could just do the fronts to start and then come back its 100% drivable that way. AT most it would have a bit of pre runner look.

Spray all the nut and bolts starting a week before you do it and hit them each day. That will really help with any stuck or stripping the nut and bolts. In a drive way with basic tools and jack/stands it should only be one day to do all 4 or at very most a weekend. So down time will be very minimal. As I am sure you have found doing searches on the net there are literally hundreds of how to instructions for doing this. The best ones are on the diesel stop and ford truck also lots of pic that show what the different combos look like so you can get a better idea.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online