what the next best step??

guillozet08

Reaction score
got 97 350 with 6637 3inch dp to 4inch stiraght back. with 6 postion chip with built auto. now i do a lotta different towing.
i dont wanna go stupid big because still wanna make it relaible as a dd / towing truck. just thinking a turbo and injectors. what would be the best choice's? and would i need fuel system or stock fuel be fine?
any help is apperciated
Thanks

guillozet08

Reaction score
Hmm. Okay was kinda thinking intercooler after i posted that. Now decide to diy intercooler or order a kit.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Ltos of chieces these days. And with the awesome tuning we have now guys are running MUCH larger injectors and MUCH larger turbos in DD and towing applications. That being made possible with better built injectors and custom tuning. As well as awesome HPO set ups. At the same time, 160's with stock nozzles and a stock or D66 turbo make great power and are amazing with a trailer. Basically comes down to how much money you want to spend. And the fact that if you go bigger you can have a little more fun on the weekends. lol

mandkole

Reaction score
you can do a fair amount with the stock turbo, IC and injectors. Most all will get hot once you reach a level of work and power level. When the car trailer, 5.0 dragger and cart are on board, I pull up to 17,500 gross-- I wont rail up 6+% grades but it moves the load well. I just throttle up to 1200F, hold it there and keep an eye on coolant...

guillozet08

Reaction score
Yea i pulled 28000 gooseneck.of hay
She pulled it till tranny took a crap. But thats all built know. And i was thinking just.some 160 stock injector.

HairyPalmer

Reaction score
just my experience with my set up. Rosewood stg2's, d-66, Tyrant tunes, southbend clutch with smfw, mbrp 3 to 4 turbo back. no IC. I do have to watch my EGT's big time even if not towing. Working on an IC, should have been my first upgrade.

baderic03

Reaction score
with tunes these days we got 238/100s gt38r non intercooled in the farm truck Gearhead tunes and we pull the 5th wheel trailler all day with D4 dozer loaded as high as we can go with hay on the 24,500k trailer and no problems with egts unless we are in it to win it

guillozet08

Reaction score
Okay
Not sure if i wanna do ic yet or not. I have heard people with injectors and turbo and no problems with egts.

baderic03

Reaction score
Okay
Not sure if i wanna do ic yet or not. I have heard people with injectors and turbo and no problems with egts.

it all comes down to who tunes your truck and getting the right charger on it i honestly dont think the d66 has a big enough turbine wheel to get the exhaust out i would go with a gt38r or goto a irate t4 kit with a s366 and its very upgradeable for power into the mid to low 500rwhp

baderic03

Reaction score
FYI, an OBS turbo has a slightly larger turbine exducer than a 38R.

im just goin from what i have seen first hand the 38r works alot better then the d66 but the price to do a 38r compared to the price to a irate kit and
s366 i would go s366

guillozet08

Reaction score
Im not aure which way wanna go yet
Is there good write up on here about diy intercooler?

HairyPalmer

Reaction score
it all comes down to who tunes your truck and getting the right charger on it i honestly dont think the d66 has a big enough turbine wheel to get the exhaust out i would go with a gt38r or goto a irate t4 kit with a s366 and its very upgradeable for power into the mid to low 500rwhp

I agree with the fact that tuning play's a big role. I also think you will be hard pressed to find anyone on this forum who will **** on Cale's tunes. My D-66 may be lacking in size, as my rosewood stg 2's...... but how detuned are your 238/100's to run with no cooler? You can build a 1000hp motor and detune it to only push 225 hp, CAT has done it for years. But on a budget, why would you do that?

Latest posts

Members online