What to do first?

Sniper32

Reaction score
Hey yall, im getting ready to do some work on the truck...the question is what should i do first? Performance or Cosmetic? For performance im looking at ported manifold, pmax w single plane wheel, and 175/75s...Cosmetic im gonna do a heat extractor hood, train horns, 08 tailgate, and billet badges on fenders amd tailgate.

So should i make her faster first or look better first?

Bubba88

Reaction score
I prefer to go fast and if you're fast enough then they won't see the truck anyways. haha

I would also plan on a transmission build (depending on what you plan on doing with the truck) and ladder bars as well. I would also add to the mix that you need to get a Regulated Return kit to help feed the fuel and possibly a new fuel system.

Irate Diesel sells some really nice, high quality fuel systems to meet any needs. Most of their kits come w/ a RR kit as well so it's a nice all-in-one package. The best part is they use Baldwin filters so you can buy them locally whenever you need to replace the filters.

http://www.iratediesel.com/store/buy-online//?slug=index

weazel

Reaction score
Speed before beauty

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
You can build your own fuel system fwiw. Irate makes a good kit but just depends on what you want. You're probably wanna prep for a transmission build as well as previously mentioned. fyi, I just scored a fuelab 41402 off Amazon for $366. The pump normally goes for $430ish. You can find smoking deals and build your own fuel system. It's been done successfully by others. If you want a box setup though, Irate is good and I believe Matt at Cutting Edge offers one.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I've got my new coolant filter kits on the shelf as well as modded direct drive solenoids that will help keep that trans happy during shifts. As well, ported intake manifolds and egr deletes I do in house, so if you need anything let me know

Sniper32

Reaction score
Thanks guys; im trackin fuel system, regulated return, and trans upgrades when i build happens...sorry i didnt mention that in the original post. Not exactly sure which way ill go with those mods so thank you for the reccomendations!

The only hard part is getting the banker aka wife to approve the expensive part first hahaha. I may also do part or each at a time which will allow me to minimize the hit to the bank right off the bat. Guess we will see. If yall have any other ideas post em up, im always open to other suggestions!!!
In the end i want a good lookin truck that can still embarrass some people lol (550-600 rwhp)

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I'd do the performance stuff now. Hate to put a bunch of cosmetic things on right before winter and have the road salt tear them up

Sniper32

Reaction score
You dont have any thoughts Kevin...when we have talked about it you been like, "i dont know man, whatever you want to do..." lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.