What to do for tuner on Excursion?

Dzlsmok

Reaction score
I am looking input on which tuner to go with. I have the TTS, Edge evolution and have had the Edge juice with attitude, none of which I like. I have been driving around stock and it is painfully slow.
The Excursion has a 6" lift and is on 35" tall tires with 3.73 gears. It has a full exhaust, Spearco intercooler, and a John Woods trans built for 500 HP.
I live at 5200 ft of elevation and usually go up from there. I would like something that I could have a high idle warm up for those cold Wyoming months.
I am not looking for something smokey and hot, just to make things a little better. The most I ever tow is my always broke 01 Dodge (my fault)~12k lbs.
Dont really have the desire for many tunes one good one would be nice.
And, of course, better fuel economy is always a plus.

Thanks!

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
i would contact Gearhead, DP-Tuner, Swamps, or DI for your tuner. All have great reviews, all of which I've used and never been disappointed.

Dzlsmok

Reaction score
Just talked with Patrick at KEM for awhile, one heck of a nice guy! Needless to say but KEM has just been ordered.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Really just as long as you got a TS(or alike) style chip that can have custom tunes loaded on it your good to go on a 7.3. So many different guys that tune them and so many different opinions. Good and bad about all of them. Cant really go wrong.

Short Bus

Reaction score
If for some reason your not happy with he kem stuff I run a chip from full force, which I believe has PHP tuning and it's very nice.

jbro78

Reaction score
Just installed my 6 position chip from PHP and love it!!!! It was the cheapest one around and was to my door in about 2 weeks!!! Thanks PHP Great Job!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.