what to do next on my 6.0

6.0stroker

Reaction score
Well I finally have enough money for ford to fix my truck, right now its at ford gettin new heads, ford gaskets, arp studs, sinister egr delete and a whole bunch of other stuff they do wen they do that kind of job, I have a 05 f250 sc fx4 6.0 w 108k w 4" tb and I have a sct and ford is also putting my new gauges in and new shocks, after I get my truck back wat should I do next to help it last even longer and of course more safe power?

SmokedF747

Reaction score
an ficm tune wouldnt be a bad idea, easier for cold starts, better to stop stiction in the injectors, obviously more power as well, maybe run rev x also, idk where your located but rev x is an amazing product for cold start and the life of your injectors.

6.0stroker

Reaction score
I live in western new york, I do have a spare ficm layin around so I could send it out and get a 58v? Or 48v and wats the diff from the two and can I run my sct w the ficm tune? Also wat about upgrading blue spring and banjo bolts as well sorry for all the ? Its just I have a lot of money in her

SmokedF747

Reaction score
idk, i have mixed emotions on 58v, the reason ficms go bad is the solder joints get hot and loosen up and create a loose connection. if you go to 58v ed at ficmrepair.com wont upgrade you to 58v because he had to many comebacks of them going bad again. but to each his own, the next guy may say he loves it. i just went with upgraded internals and a 2 yr warranty with a tune for like 525 or something.

SmokedF747

Reaction score
definetly do the blue spring and banjo bolts, great for maintaining pressure at all the injectors. and yes you can run an sct with an ficm tune. the problem it gets weird with ficm tunes and sct tunes is when you go big with injectors

swinky

Reaction score
Custom tunes if you dont have them, a solenoid from steve would be a good idea as well. Coolant filter.

6.0stroker

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help, wats the diff from a custom tune from the stock sct tunes that come pre loaded on the device?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help, wats the diff from a custom tune from the stock sct tunes that come pre loaded on the device?

The custom tune is written specifically for YOU and your truck. How you drive, how much/if you tow, studs or not, mods(injectors, turbo etc.) as opposed to generic tunes.

chromehound

Reaction score
I'd worry about your transmission before I'd worry about adding power. The FICM tune, blue spring and banjos are all good investments though. If you know the ball park for where you want the truck and what you plan to do with it (DD/tow/race/etc) you can gauge what needs done as far as a transmission.

SmokedF747

Reaction score
yeah, but these trans's are pretty strong, mine has been fine at over 500whp for about 3 years now, i just dont drive like an idiot and constantly doing 4x4 launches, that will destroy the trans. but you should be ok if you use your head.

6.0stroker

Reaction score
Yea that's wat every one says that the trans in our trucks are very strong and no I wount drive it like a tard but my goal all said and done is around 500 hp

swinky

Reaction score
Yea that's wat every one says that the trans in our trucks are very strong and no I wount drive it like a tard but my goal all said and done is around 500 hp

If you have a bad dd solenoid it will smoke your trans at stock power in a hurry.

swinky

Reaction score
Makes for a firmer and faster 3-5 shift. The stock solenoid is a little slow for a hot tuned truck. Over time the slip or flare in the 3-5 shift will hurt the 5th gear clutches. Absolute performance is where I got mine.

6.0stroker

Reaction score
Ok is how much for this and is it easy to change and my trany in my truck is about amazing but I don't wanna hurt it

SmokedF747

Reaction score
its like 150 bucks and yeah its easy to change, drop the pan, and it has a diagram that shows u which solenoid and it goes in a little crooked but it states that in the directions.

chromehound

Reaction score
6.0stroker - did you buy your truck new or used? If used I'd still at least have the trans gone through but that's just me.

Latest posts

Members online