What to look for?

bricewise

Reaction score
I've found a 99' with 160k miles for $3.5k. The problem is its a ex-slope truck...aka northern slope of alaska. Meaning while it was up there it basically was never turned off during the winter months for fear of it not starting in -60 degree weather.

I dunno enough about 7.3s. What problems should I be looking for? Should the constant running/idling sway me away from this vehicle? Even at that price.

TyCorr

Reaction score
No. If it starts and idles ok. Id be cool with it. If you wanted you could have a compression test done but it should be fine. My compression jumbers were still on the mark at 250k miles.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Speaking of that, hows the bkack and gold nugget coming Shone. I recall you sayin the ole cougar was foung in for a facelift.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Yeah....should it have it back this week.
Complete new paint job top to bottom. They took it all down to primer and fixed every dent.
Pretty excited to get it back, been gone for 3+ weeks

TyCorr

Reaction score
Wow! You must be crazy or have good rapport because thats a nice paying job for the body man. Im gathering up pieces to do mine too. I hate having this old truck but watching it start rusting drives me nuts too. So Ill probably have a car and a repainted, re interiored, new suspensioned old truck. There isn't much left of the 00 i got off the lot.

If you would, put some pics up or text me a handful of them when it comes back. I bet its going to look great.

Spatel23

Reaction score
haha no.....Id never pay full price for this kind of job on this truck.
Just a fellow business owner returning some favors for me. Ill post some pictures.

Been thinking about doing 05+ suspension but not sure if I want to make it a lb dually or not yet so Im waiting.

On another note, I was actually in Chicago this past weekend. Went to the Cubs/Sox game on Sunday and spent some time with my sisters family.

Jomax

Reaction score
Just a fellow business owner returning some favors for me. Ill post some pictures.

Been thinking about doing 05+ suspension but not sure if I want to make it a lb dually or not yet so Im waiting.

On another note, I was actually in Chicago this past weekend. Went to the Cubs/Sox game on Sunday and spent some time with my sisters family.

Make sure you post pics Shone!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score

Awwww, man, everybody was at the cubs/sox game.

Latest posts

Members online