what tools do I need to swap nozzles

sleeps

Reaction score
Anyone swapped nozzles yourself? What did you use to unscrew them? Just need to pull them apart and put new nozzles on and out it back together. Putting in new o rings too.

peixinho

Reaction score
Make sure to use new O-rings and Copper washers.

Also make sure you torque the bodies down properly.

You will either need a special tool to grip the injector body, or you can use the injector hold down clamps (the ones that bolt the injector do the head). Put the injector upside down in a vise clamp with the injector hold down clamp on the injector. Close the vise clamp around the injector hold down clamp (don't squeeze the injector body). But you can hold the injector hold down clamp in place and this will keep it from spinning.

If you have the injector upside down and you are very, very careful. You should be able to unscrew the injector body without having to take anything else apart. It will be a long tall stack of parts sitting there. Push down on the nozzle with your finger as you pull up on the injector body. This will keep everything in place. Once you get the body off the nozzle will be sitting on the top of a big stack of parts. You simply pull of the injector nozzle, put on the new injector nozzle, and bolt the injector body back on.

It is a lot easier than you would think. But if wanted you can also take everything else apart and inspect it while you are in there.

Hope that helps... let me know if you have any other specific questions

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
A vise and a 12 crescent wrench. Put the injector hold down in the vise. Then put the injector in the hold down. Use a 1 1/16 wrench. Crescent wrench. Chanel locks. To spin off the fuel body piece. Take note of how the parts all go together when u take ut apart. Then put it all togethwr. We make it sound like rock science. But its not

Lilpooh

Reaction score
You could also take 1/2" thick steel plate, 3"x3", drill 7/8" hole in center, then split piece in half. Use clamps in vise.

-B1A4-4470-9433-471DDEB6BCF4-1114-000000E164B00A4B.jpg

-29A5-4C31-A620-BCD366CF88A1-4197-000003C82991F369.jpg

sleeps

Reaction score
In swapping out the injectors, what is the job worth to you? How much would you pay before you would just do it yourself? How difficult is the job?

loboost

Reaction score
In swapping out the injectors, what is the job worth to you? How much would you pay before you would just do it yourself? How difficult is the job?

Its easy as can be man.

You don't even have to take the fuel plates and check balls apart...when you GENTLY slide the body off of the injector, the nozzle and all components below it will stay in place.

Just GENTLY lift the nozzle and replace with your new one, then slide the body back over and hand tighten then torque.

The nozzle has dowels in it for alignment.

sent while driving recklessly

sleeps

Reaction score
Its easy as can be man.

You don't even have to take the fuel plates and check balls apart...when you GENTLY slide the body off of the injector, the nozzle and all components below it will stay in place.

Just GENTLY lift the nozzle and replace with your new one, then slide the body back over and hand tighten then torque.

The nozzle has dowels in it for alignment.

i meant actually changing out the injectors. not just the nozzle swap.

loboost

Reaction score
i meant actually changing out the injectors. not just the nozzle swap.

The swapping injectors is just as easy...no special tools really. One 2" torx bit for the hold downs. I wanna say its a t40...but double check that. I have mine laying in a certain place...I can't remember what size.

But its simple...pull the valve covers, pull the oil rails, pull the injectors, and reverse

loboost

Reaction score
i have someone that will swap the injectors and instal my divided up pipes for my stock 05 turbo and $150. do it, or do it myself?

That's cheap...but personally I don't like paying someone to do something I can do myself.

Cold Roller

Reaction score
$150 seems very low for the work required. If you have faith in his ability let him do it, but make sure you give him a very big tip as well!

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
Quality work isn't cheap. Cheap work isn't quality. FYI. Injector installation is not for the "yeah I can do that"....I've had to fix too many of those...

Latest posts

Members online