what turbo after a 38r

Black 02

Reaction score
If I waffle on the compounds, I'm going the 468(7?)FMW route. Looks to be a great all around turbo.

I love mine and I'm gonna give it a little more of a challenge with some 350/200's soon. I just need to stop being a cheap ass and get my engine fixed.....LOL

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've been so impressed with the Beans Modded H2e... Just threw the 19cm housing on a few weeks ago and its even better.

Almost 110k on that turbo now its seen 50# boost from time to time.

thuglike

Reaction score
I've been so impressed with the Beans Modded H2e... Just threw the 19cm housing on a few weeks ago and its even better.

I've heard real good things about that lung!!!!!

bruce

Reaction score
H2e always shows better drive pressure that an s366, idk why people dog it for being old. It works

CSIPSD

Reaction score
And the old motor, and the old motor before the old motor...

It was on the green motor...

It was on the blue motor...

and now its on the yellow motor.

LOL

cjfarm11

Reaction score
The HFSB is a good alternative as well. I really like that turbo on my set-up. Tows really really well and EGT's are way cool.

TARM

Reaction score
gt4294r is very broad band usable turbo as well. The stand GT journal bearing version is also a great deal and can be had as a pull off and is cheap to rebuild with just a bit slower spool up. 1.0 or 1.15 works great. I would not hesitate to throw one of those on anything with a 80%-200% nozzle. But you have lots of choices in this range. I like the garretts if you do not plan to be modding them as they seem to be built HD.

rascal

Reaction score

Does the H2e work with aftermarket 4" downpipes meant for a stock location turbo?

mandkole

Reaction score
gt4294r is very broad band usable turbo as well. The stand GT journal bearing version is also a great deal and can be had as a pull off and is cheap to rebuild with just a bit slower spool up. 1.0 or 1.15 works great. I would not hesitate to throw one of those on anything with a 80%-200% nozzle. But you have lots of choices in this range. I like the garretts if you do not plan to be modding them as they seem to be built HD.

I was initially concerned, but now sold with how nice the 4294 lights..even with a light fuel tow file. It was called a 38 on steroids and that sums it up. Quickly pulls to 35-40 and at that point, a 7K trailer is not even back there.

Latest posts

Members online