What turbo?

Bigred91

Reaction score
Looking into some injectors and turbo for my 05. I'm wanting to go non vgt, planning on going with some 205 or 225 injectors. Not sure what nozzle size yet. Also will do a thumper hpop, rr, and an a1000 fuel pump. What turbo size would yall suggest to go with this setup ? An s366?

Bigred91

Reaction score
It's mostly just a daily driver, I do tow some with it. Not very often though. Of course I want as much power as possible but have a limited budget, so something that would but good on the street and still able to tow but can also hurt some feelings from a red light or on the track! And thanks for the reply!

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
366 is a good budget turbo but it will have some lag. The 64.5 FMW will flow the same but spool faster making it a funner turbo. But it cost a lot more. I also have a few more options what would fit your goals. Give me a shout and we can get you a combo price figured up with one of my non vgt kits

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
66 and 205/100s should get you around the 600 mark. Its a good daily driver, but towing will be a little iffy....if you do tow, youll have to keep an eye on your temps, and may need a tune that pulls some fuel out when you do tow.

Bigred91

Reaction score
I tow my mud truck sometimes and if any of my friends break down I tow their trucks. But it's rarely used for towing. If it's not going to be feasible to tow with Im not worried about that. But if I could get around 600 I would be very happy. And I'm not exactly set on what I want to run I just have no idea when it comes to turbo sizes, especially non vgts, so I'm open to any suggestions.

Reid@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
Stay in the 300 series of turbos, no need for 400 series. As Matt said earlier, the 64.5 is a great turbo and spools pretty quick. A 66mm or somewhere around there should do you just fine. I know transmissions were also mentioned, that will also help with spool time if you're an automatic, mainly the higher stall torque converters. With 205/100s or even a smaller nozzle size such as an 85 will do you just fine. If you aren't interested in towing much at all a 225(or larger since you're going with a thumper pump) injector size will be fun, but at the expense of EGTs. But that again can be fixed with a turbo! Haha. Again let me know, if I can get you anything for this build! Matt can hook you up with some of their non-vgt setups!

Bigred91

Reaction score
The transmission is currently being built. It finally gave out on me after a year of abuse with extreme x as my daily with a heavy right foot. So I figure if I'm gonna have the trans to hold it might as well get after the injectors and turbo. I have decided on ceds non vgt kit for sure, and probably warren injectors. But when it comes time to order stuff I'll shoot you a pm on everything else!

Reid@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
The transmission is currently being built. It finally gave out on me after a year of abuse with extreme x as my daily with a heavy right foot. So I figure if I'm gonna have the trans to hold it might as well get after the injectors and turbo. I have decided on ceds non vgt kit for sure, and probably warren injectors. But when it comes time to order stuff I'll shoot you a pm on everything else!

Sounds good man! Looking forward to hearing from you! But not trying to diss Warren here, but try Holders Diesel. He does all of our injectors, and we've never had a problem with any of them. He's a sponsor on here and all injectors come with flow test as well! Just my .02! :redspotdance:

Bigred91

Reaction score
I have considered them as well! I used to work at a shop that's a sponsor on here and we always ran warrens and had started trying out holders as I had moved on from there. I'm still searching around and I will check them out!

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score

let me know man! fabricating up pipe orders this week.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
I have considered them as well! I used to work at a shop that's a sponsor on here and we always ran warrens and had started trying out holders as I had moved on from there. I'm still searching around and I will check them out!

What shop did you used to work at?

Latest posts

Members online